Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
widjaja
My Device: 9810

Re: BB Torch 9810 Trackpad not working ???

hmmm... if you suspect it's caused by the software, better to do the reinstall (don't forget to backup your data first).
New Contributor
syclone1978
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for all of the input and trial and error processes.

I will mention what worked for me and hope that it works for others. I have no explanation on why it worked but it worked.

First I will say I tried all of the suggestions on here as well as other sites to include leaving my battery pulled for 4hrs thinking it would "reset" itslef for some reason.

The end result that worked was I tried to removing the SD card and battery pull which did nothing. I then decided to leave SD Card out and pull the SIM card (AT&T) then put battery in. To my surprise, the trackpad worked.

Put the SD card and SIM card and battery back in and still works. Tried restarting a few times just to see and still works fine now.

No Idea how long it will work but want you all to know the way it worked for me.

New Contributor
skyryder

After inspecting and cleaning etc the trackpad, and with no lasting, nor predictable result, I was convinced it must be software. Here is the solution that is working for me: lock the the unit (with top, left button), fire it up with any of the five buttons at the base,. You will get a black-and-white message box stating the screen is still locked. Before doing the obvious as requested by the message, first hold down the trackpad button AND WHILE holding it, then press the unlock button (top left)
I explained it to myelf that in holding down the trackpad button while unlocking the unit, the trackpad must be making its presence known more forcefully --- so it gets unolcked.

Cheers!

New Contributor
skyryder

Still working! Repeated the process about half a dozen times early on, and now it's gotten the idea as to what is expected of it :-)
New Contributor
Spiffus
My Device: Curve 8900

:Clap:Thank you! As bizarre as this solution sounds, it worked for me as well!

As some background, I'm on my third Torch 9810, and all three have inevitably had the trackpad issue where it won't move horizontally or vertically, but it will still click when pressed in.

This morning, it happened again, and I somehow chanced upon this thread. I powered my Torch off (after several reboots and battery pulls failed to help), pulled out my AT&T SIM card, left my microSD card in, and re-inserted the battery. My trackpad began working again, so after some time I pulled the battery, re-inserted my SIM card, re-inserted the battery, and it's been fine so far (I did this a few hours ago).

Weird, but it worked for me. Thank you!