Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Regular Contributor
omsoft
My Device: AT&T - BB 9800

BB Torch DM v. 6.0.0.43 Bundle 47 - It is tme to say goodbye.

I bought the Torch about 2 weeks ago and have been having severe problems syncing with Outlook 2003 with XP Pro (read does not sync).

I was elated to see that RIM had an update to DM. But my joy was short-lived. After iterating through reading OUtlook and device calendar three times, I got the message - 3 changes, 2 additions. So far so good. Another couple of iterations. And then alas, the dreaded message - The Operation Interrupted Unexpectedly.

Hey RIM, I am returning the Torch this evening and getting an iPhone. Would love to get Android, but it doesn;t do syncing and I do not do cloud.

Farewell!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
omsoft

Re: BB Torch DM v. 6.0.0.43 Bundle 47 - It is tme to say goodbye.

I had already packed up BB Torch for return. But could not do so on Friday.

On Saturday, a thought came to mind. What if I removed BB DM 6.0.0.junk and tried an older version. I have those saved locally.

Uninstalled 6.0.0.junk, cleaned (disinfected) the registry and all folders. And installed 5.0.1.41. Specifically unchecked the installation of Media Sync (root of all evil). And since then have sync'ed 4-5 times and it seems to be working Ok.

Also unchecked auto update for newer versions. So RIM does not reinstall 6.0.0.junk.

Read on bbleaks and others that 6.0.0.141 (my old junk) is indeed that - **bleep**. The good version is 6.0.0.214. Not sure when that will be officially available.

I will be checking it over the next couple of weeks to see if this strategy works else return Torch at that time. I have two more weeks to go.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Glad you made some progress. I have been running the leak 214 since Friday with good results. Hope it become officiial soon.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
omsoft

How do I get that build? I could not get fromn sites mentioned on bbleaks.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

there are several point to download it from there, but we are unable to post direct links to it here.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
omsoft

Seems to have been removed from those. Or at least that's the message I get. Can you DM tweet to @omsoft?
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

check PM

Please use plain text.