Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Not Specified

BB Torch ERROR MSGS ALL DAY -- PLS HELP!

I am up to my neck with the blackberry error messages!

Had the 9700 Bold and did a warranty exchange today through a friend at AT&T bc it kept freezing (nothing in particular caused it--was doing diff things on the phone) and got the TORCH.

Was excited--restored all my contacts/email on it UNTIL it started freezing again and kept getting this msg when I tried opening my GMAIL: "Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_gmail(262) is not responding; process terminated."

I received a string of similar ERROR MSGS on the Bold.

What gives?!

It's driving me nuts.

I would appreciate ANY and ALL feedback.

I have no third party applications (literally had this phone for maybe 2 hours) and am doing a battery pull.

I just don't think one should need to continually do a battery pull..with all of RIM's intel you would think there would be some simple troubleshoot for things like this!!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB Torch ERROR MSGS ALL DAY -- PLS HELP!

Hello Batilly and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

It sounds like there was a possible corruption in the back up data from your old BlackBerry that was transferred to your new one.

What I suggest is to do the following:

Back up your current BlackBerry data

Reload your software as shown in KB11320

Resend your email service books as shown in KB02830. Once you see your email accounts, test your Gmail account for errors.

Do a selective restore of your data to minimize the issue from returning. KB23680 will show you how to do the advanced restore.

After your data is back on your device, test to see if you get the same error message.

Let me know how you make out.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!