Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

BB Torch can't connect to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express 5.0

Blackberry Torch is my first BB and I was very excited 2 weeks ago when I first received it.

Ever since the IT person who cares for my small business server 2008 hasn't succeeded to find out the proper way to finally connect my Torch device to my server in order to let my emails come.

All attempts to connect have failed so far. Evrey new attempt ends with a new email message starting with:

"This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

BEGINETP 521"

and ending with "ENDETP" followed by a 10 digit number.

Please help us find the right way to let my device connect to the server in order to use it properly.

I’d be very grateful if someone could tell what can be the problem and explain how to fix it.

First at all:

1. Do I need to install/add any additional software/file/app in my BB Torch before proceeding to the connection with the server;

2. Is it necessary to insert any information concerning the device into the Blackberry Enterprise Server Express 5.0 software, such as IMEI, PIN or any other particular data?

3. When connecting to the server, is it right that only the email address and code need to be inserted in the device?

TIA

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BB Torch can't connect to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express 5.0

[ Edited ]

1 no 2 no 3 yes if you Have a BES dataplan

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Could you please tell what the reson could be and, if possible, suggest a solution for this?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

1abc wrote:

Could you please tell what the reson could be and, if possible, suggest a solution for this?

Looks like you have a permissions issue if that message is staying in the inbox and not getting piuked up via BES.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V