Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
kaylanewsome
My Device: torch 9800

BB Torch freezes and shows error message

iv not had my torch for long and this is my 3rd handset.

my phone randomly started crashing a couple of days ago after i recieved a picture through bbm which was stored on my memory card. when i tried to upload a photo onto facebook it would freeze then it would run slow and display an app error message and require a battery pull. i phoned my network provider and told them the problem and they sent me out a new handset, my 3rd.

iv set it all up, not downloaded no apps at all and its STILL doing it on the new handset. i was wondering whether it was something to do with my mem card so iv formatted it and its still doing it.

anyone else had this problem and can anyone help, i dont fancy getting a new pin again.

thanks.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: BB Torch freezes and shows error message

Does it only happen with one particular photo or with any photo? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kaylanewsome

Any photo. It only started happening when I received a certain picture. Iv deleted every photo I received from that contact and formatted the me card. No difference.

Tried reinstalling the OS too but I couldn't find the "previous versions" button that is shown in the picture.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Try this:

Use Desktop Manager to make a full backup of your device data.

Then unplug and go to Options>Security >Security Wipe. Check the box for Emails, Contacts etc. Don't wipe your applications or media card.

Once the wipe is complete see if the problem is still there. If it is then post back and let us know. If not, then restore your userp data and see if the problem returns.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kaylanewsome

i backed my phone up, wiped it. sent a pic to fb. it sent. restored my data sent a pic again and it worked :smileyhappy:

i think its been resolved. :smileyvery-happy: thank you

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Great!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kaylanewsome

its started doing it again :/

Please use plain text.