Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
vwatson24
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

BB Torch - screen lock and volume

I recently purchased a BB Torch, and it has been nothing but headache!!

For starters, the volume is soo low that I can barely hear the other person talking during a call. I have the volume turned all the way up, and it still is not loud. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how do I resolve this?

Also, I have downloaded several apps to my phone hoping that they would lock the phone during the call. I had TALKLOCK and it did lock during the calls, but whenever I'd receive a second call or someone beeped in, it would automatically unlock again. This is very frustrating because the phone would answer other calls and continue to press buttons. I currently have AUTOLOCK, and it's basically pointless. It doesn't even lock during the calls!!

I'm getting so frustrated having to buy $3 apps for something that RIM screwed up on!! Please let me know if you've had this problem and how I can fix it! I would appreciate it gladly.

If RIM doesn't come up with a FREE solution, I will definately be taking the phone back and getting a refund...and I definately won't be suggesting a "blackberry" device to anyone!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tjain83
My Device: Bold & 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: BB Torch - screen lock and volume

I don't have any problem with a BB 9800 volume, although i enjoyed it anyways try this:- option--call management----audio enhancement.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vwatson24
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BB Torch - screen lock and volume

Thanks, but I already tried the call enhancement and the volume is at 100%. I noticed that some others did have a problem with this. The speaker phone works great, but unless I use speaker phone I cannot hear anything. Is there any apps or updates from RIM that can fix this?

Please use plain text.