Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
almcg100
My Device: Blackberry Torch 6800
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

BB Torch unable to access email set up on replacement phone

I have just had my Bb Torch 6800 replaced by orange due to a touchscreen failure. now when I try to set up my email accounts it takes me into a "existing users" screen which asks for my user name and password.(I take it this means my BBIS name and password) on entering them I get a error message saying - "the user name is invalid.A user name must be at least 4 characters". Then I can get no further! I know my user name and password work as I can log into the Blackberry web site with them and view my details. I've spent 4 hours today with Orange"helpline" and they appear to have as much idea as me!  Can anyone help???

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB Torch unable to access email set up on replacement phone

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Actually, what is sounds like is that Orange hasn't fully shifted all of your services to this replacement device. They need to do that on their system side...there's nothing you can do on your side. Sadly, you need to persist with them, but be sure you get escalated to their BB-specific team, who will have the knowledge and training to resolve this. If they can't, they further can escalate into BlackBerry for even more enhanced support to get this going. Don't let them fob you off...you PAY them for your services and support, which they are not presently delivering to you.

Then again...what about your BBID? That should have been first, and should have brought your configuration over to the new device. Did that not get done correctly? You would have configured, into the new device, the exact same BB ID credentials as you had on the old device...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
almcg100
My Device: Blackberry Torch 6800
My Carrier: Orange

Thanks for the advice. Fortunately a kind lady at orange sorted it in 3 min flat!! She must have been the one listening on their training day!!!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Indeed...I'm glad they finally got it sorted for you. Enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.