Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

abrar_nawab
My Device: BB - 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

BB app gone invisible post upgradation

Hi,

I am using BB 9800 with OS 6.0 Bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246).

I have upgraded BB app with a new version and post that it got invisible. I tried below mentioned things to get it visible but no results.

I have made all icons visibible (show all), re-install it so many times (while re-installing it shows that its already installed & you want to reinstall it), removed the BB apps from handheld & re-install it, change the permissions also but didnt get any solution hence have formatted my BB handheld but still its invisible..

Can any one help?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BB app gone invisible post upgradation

Hi abrar_nawab

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Which version of App World you have Installed on your device ? Please read this Knowledge Base if you are having problem with the most recent version Of App World or simply Downgrade your App World version to 4.0.0.55 :

KB29422  BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65.

So please try it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
ose9ice
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: NUANCE

i use bb 9800 and i tried downloadin version 4.0.0.55, but dat version is no longer availavle, pls i need help on how to get back my blackberry app world

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

ose9ice wrote:

i use bb 9800 and i tried downloadin version 4.0.0.55, but dat version is no longer availavle, pls i need help on how to get back my blackberry app world

Hi ose9ice

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

The link to download App World ver.4.0.0.55 is within that Knowledge Base and it is working link . From your BlackBerry Browser click the link http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3 

So Reboot your device and  try it again.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jeffkamisan
My Device: touch 9800
My Carrier: touch

u must upgrade ur BB 6.0 Bundle 3155 (v6.0.0.747)

Please check this thread:

The version number you have stated would, I think, be totally inaccurate for the 9800...as I recall, it was released with either OS5 or 6, but never a 4-level OS. Check your OS via this:

• KB23393 How to check the model number and version of installed BlackBerry device software on a BlackBerry smartphone
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi jeffkamisan

I agree with your First part.:smileyhappy:

jeffkamisan wrote :

The version number you have stated would, I think, be totally inaccurate for the 9800...as I recall, it was released with either OS5 or 6, but never a 4-level OS

But I don't know to whom you are referring the suggestion ,if you are referring  to abrar_nawab then second part is not quit correct . The version number is not wrong, Software For BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 smartphone BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.695 (Multilangauge) cames with Applications: 6.0.0.246 .He might be using his Carrier OS and has not updated this device Software.:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jeffkamisan
My Device: touch 9800
My Carrier: touch

My BB 9800 its ok after upgrade..

-1st u download http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/ ..then u install..
-After that u go, c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

-2nd u download https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=02A32AD2669E6FE298E607FE7CC0... ...and install..
-finish install reboot ur pc..
Finally can connect ur hp to pc

To more, see at youtube for update version :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

jeffkamisan wrote:
My BB 9800 its ok after upgrade..

-1st u download http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/ ..then u install..
-After that u go, c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

-2nd u download https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=02A32AD2669E6FE298E607FE7CC0... ...and install..
-finish install reboot ur pc..
Finally can connect ur hp to pc

To more, see at youtube for update version :smileyhappy:

Hi jeffkamisan

Good to know that     :Rockon:

Please use plain text.