Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: STC

Re: BB torch 9860 sound is not working after sometime I use the phone

Would you please explain more, I could not get it :smileyhappy:
Thank you :smileywink:
Contributor

Would you please explain, I could not understdand it...

New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

Solution found!!!

This was my original post at Crackberry.com.  Refer to bottom for fix.  Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drice01 View Post
Curve (x 2)>Bold 9700>Torch 9800>Torch 9860

So I upgraded to the Torch 9860 a couple days ago after much anticipation (due to AT&T lagging in the availability) and impressed until...

The device is not ringing half the time. My alarm & alert tones don't sound--half the time. Oh, and there's a weird issue with Pandora audio not working when plugged into the 3mm jack! I have to pull the battery repeatedly

After a trip to my local AT&T store, I found that others are having the exact same issues. I was told there will most likely be a software update to try and resolve this matter. When? Hopefully soon. I have not encountered this problem on any of my previous BB devices and I'm kind of bummed to be experiencing this on such a potentially great, much needed upgrade to the BB family.

If any of you are experiencing similar issues, please reply.

Still loyal BB user... for now

Alright, everyone. I have figured out the problem with the infamous, allusive & mysterious audio/alert issue with the 9850/9860 devices... The flashlight, 2 in 1 app. is the culprit! It is not compatible with these devices. If you have been having the same problems, try activating the flashlight 2 in 1 app, then test your ringer. You'll notice it will be disabled & give you and error message. You will have to delete this app & go with another flashlight option in App World (I selected a "flashlight" app and have not had any issues since).
New Contributor
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi, Its like my phone would be working normally. Then suddenly the sound stops working( on all applications the ringtone, the bbm pings, SMS incoming tones and also  ,  I can't hear a call or when I make a call to some one I can't hear them nor can they hear me, though the call has connected. I have to pull the battery to reboot and then everything works normally.

Contributor

Would you please explain how to make the changes you mentioned, I mean how to "activating the flashlight 2 in 1"

Thanks

New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

If you currently have the application, 2 for 1 flashlight by Motek Americas Inc., you will need to delete it because after activating the "backlight" option, you will notice that it will disable your ringer & alerts tones. This is a bug that they are aware of and may even have an update now to resolve the matter. I just removed it and went with another flashlight application personally.
Contributor

Thank you...

Actually I do not have any extra application installed on my mobile! It is just as it came from RIM!

Contributor

I am still suffering! I am planning to switch to iPhone...

New Contributor
My Carrier: Airtel

but i dont have the flashlight app u r talking about :mansad: still have the problem

My Carrier: Airtel ZM

To be honest i laughed with shock upon reading wat you did to tour phone but after trying all other solutions i got frustrated caused i still dint have sound.... i felt so bad for not having sound so i tried it....played a song  while lightly hitting the phone on the silver lining at the back of the phone behind the buttons and voilà..  sound was back :Clap: :Yes::Rockon:

\=D/  

Unorthodox but it worked