Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

jhaajay123
My Device: Blackberry torch
My Carrier: Airtel

BB torch rebooting automatically & can't start

Hello Guys,

I need help from you, I m facing problem with my BB torch. It's keep rebooting automatically. I have to run BB torch on safe mode. Would you plz give me any idea to diagnose problem for BB torch. Even rebooting process is not completing & again start from begining.

Kindly help for this issue,

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BB torch rebooting automatically & can't start

Welcome to the forums!

Have you downloaded any apps lately that might have caused this, or was the phone damaged in any way?

If not, could you please remove the media card from the device and see if the recycle continues after that?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
jhaajay123
My Device: Blackberry torch
My Carrier: Airtel

I already tired same. Even i remove SIM & memory card. But still same. Is there any way to diagnose error while running in safe mode?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Let's try an OS reload to see if we can get it to stop.

Please download an app called BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife).  We'll use this to wipe the OS from your device.  Hopefully once this is installed, the app will recognize your device.

Next, you'll want to download and install the latest OS.  .546 is available from Vodafone.  You can get it here.

Once you have those two things done, connect your device to the PC and launch BBSAK.  It will ask you for a password.  If you've never assigned a password to your device, just click OK.  Again, hopefully the app will recognize your device and you'll be able to use the Wipe OS function.  End result should be a white screen with app error 507, which means no OS on the device.

Close BBSAK and disconnect your device.

If that all goes well, navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader on your PC and delete the vendor.xml file at the bottom of the folder.

Reconnect your device to the PC, then double click on the Loader executable (with the phone icon next to it) towards the top of that same folder.  OS load should commence.

Please post back and let us know how it goes!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
ashishdaruka
My Device: Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

[ Edited ]

Thanks a lot buddy. BBSAK worked fine for me. Thanks Bro. :Clap:

Please use plain text.
Visitor
abestawrous
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Optus

Hello,

It seems I have a similar problem. I did install a new application and suddenly the phone entered into a restart mode (the black screen with the BB logo in the middle and the progress line on the bottom of the page). The progress line stopped after 75% and the restart cannot be done successfully.

Do you have a solution for this problem?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Usagi
My Device: Torch 9810

I have a Torch that has the same issue. In fact, this is the 3rd Torch I've had. First two caught the continual reboot virus, and AT&T was nice enough to swap out a new one for me since they were both within the first 30 days of ownership.

Current Torch lasted 60 days before catching the continual reboot virus. I have tried every remedy on here to no avail. Cannot get the continual reboot loop to stop.

Cannot "safe start."

Cannot do anything but continual reboot.

Aside from selling the battery and using the Torch itself as target practice, what other solutions are there?

Please use plain text.