Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

johnfss
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

BB9800 Auto delete of email inbox

My device is now deleting email from my inbox shortly after I read them, ie within an hour or less.  Have  I inadvertently changed some setting to cause this?   The email is still visible on my desktop but deleted from the handheld.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: BB9800 Auto delete of email inbox

Hello Johnfss.

Friend enters configuration options SMS or mail check in the options that you have not enabled the option to remove a given time, as also save so you can last longer.

Verify your e-mail in the inbox so not removed automatically or by a one hour time you should have changed something in the account options configuarcion check email and sms options for the duration of the period you want on your device.

Regards.

Kudos **Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions, as well give the answer like**

@ gutijose14

Signature by @Gutijose14
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BB9800 Auto delete of email inbox

johnfss wrote:

My device is now deleting email from my inbox shortly after I read them, ie within an hour or less.  Have  I inadvertently changed some setting to cause this?   The email is still visible on my desktop but deleted from the handheld.  Any help is appreciated.

Hello Johnfss

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

First within your device setting please check if Keep Message option is set to Maximum or Forever . For help refer to this Knowledge Base article :

KB13093  : How to use the keep message options on the BlackBerry Smartphone

If it's already set to Maximum , then most likely your device is suffering from low memory . If our device undergo low memory then it will delete our message . 

KB14213  : Call logs, SMS text messages , and email messages are deleted from the BlackBerry Smartphone

So , first check those things .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.