Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Pat-
My Carrier: MTN

BB9810 Hot re-boot frustration

Good for BlackBerry to design the BB10 and launching it.

On the flip side, I have a 9810 Touch BB, and ever since I had the software upgraded to Os7.1 I have difficulty accessing the web and social media. Unable to connect to the server!!!

I have to "hot-re-boot" my phone almost daily and on occasions even more than once per day. Is this technological advancement or decay? Sitting with the frustration I tend to look at the decay side rather than to the advancement side.

What can I do to get rid of the current BB frustrations. The only thing preventing me from throwing the BB phone against the wall is the knowledge that I will have to waste money in buying another phone. My current phone is the third BB that I own but the most frustrating experience to date.

Some assistance in rectifying the problem would be highly appreciated. Regards.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB9810 Hot re-boot frustration

For some reason, my phone sometimes has difficulty finding the requested server when both network connection and Wi-Fi are on.  Turning off your Wi-Fi should resolve the issue.  I know this is only a temporary solution but until another comes along, it should work for you.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,756
My Carrier: Verizon

What is your Operating System loaded to your device? Look at Options > Device > About, third line down beginning with a "v.7.0.x.xxx", What is yours?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pat-

the operating system is 7.1.0 bundle 1149

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Pat- wrote:

the operating system is 7.1.0 bundle 1149

No, I need the number I asked for,

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pat-

thanks, I tried it and still the same response.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pat-

the full description is: v7.1.0.342, platform 5.1.0.276

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Pat- wrote:

the full description is: v7.1.0.342, platform 5.1.0.276

good, that helps.

The latest OS for the 9810 is 7.1.0.794

Device operating system releases are "released" by specific carriers once they have certified and trained their support techs, but still, you are able to load to any carrier's same model by following the instructions below.

See the link below for the download, and follow these simple installation instructions.

Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion.

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=5807A685D1A9AB3B599035BC566CE2B9

2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." (You might have another Vendor.xml file hiding on your computer. Open Windows Explorer and under the Organize button (on Windows 7, there are similar tools for Vista and XP) click on "Folder and search options." Under the View tab, make sure that your computer is set to show hidden folders and files. Once you've done this, search your C:\ drive for "Vendor.xml".)
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

**Starting with the later OS6 releases, there are now three copies of VENDOR.XML
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (for 32-bit Windows XP/Vista/7)
==========OR============
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (for 64-bit Windows Vista/7)
C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
You can also just search for VENDOR.XML. Make sure that you choose ADVANCED SEARCH and include hidden files. It should show the file in at three locations. Delete every copy that it finds.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.