Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
keeflester
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

BBID Password problem

My BBID password has ceased to work, I have not changed it, it is a memorable(for me) number and I have not got it wrong. My service provider cannot reset the password, I could reset the password but my mobileemail address is the same as my user ID and the system will not send the email to my phone. When I log on to the account with my username, I still dont see the password reset email, so cannot follow a link to complete the process. I have followed the guidance in the knowledge base, as have the 3rd line techs at my service provider. The alternative is to create a new BBID and lose all of my existing Apps, or stay as I am and not be able to load new apps, or upgrade any of my existing paid apps. Does anyone know of a woraround that actually works.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: BBID Password problem

Hi keeflester

That is one of the drawback of using host email as your BlackBerry ID , try this knowledge base see if that help or else you will have to follow as suggested , create a new BlackBerry ID agree you will lose your paid apps .:

KB28111 :Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address

KB28232 :BlackBerry ID reset email is not being delivered to the associated mailbox.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
keeflester

Those solutions do NOT work for the situation I was in. I found a solution by persistence with my service provider. Eventually I found someone capable of thinking outside the box. The solution was a partial backup, system wipe and reboot, then register a new BBID, then restore the backed up data. This was a second line tech support operator at Vodafone Egypt, he may be in charge of his department soon!!
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

can you give more information about how partial the backup was? especially what did you not backup and why?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
keeflester

Afaik, data was backed up, I was a passenger in this operation as the tech support ran remote pc help and did the preliminary work remotely, leaving me to do the restore after the phone rebooted. I only needed to re-enter passwords and authorisations after and it appears I have the complete set of apps I started with. hope this helps.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

it helps, but not enough :smileyhappy:
can you please remember what you restored exactly (the part when you were not just a passenger)?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
keeflester

Possibly it was data and contacts backed up, but as I have already said, I was a passenger during this process and can't give you any more information than I already have. Sorry