Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
MrsO
My Device: Blackberry Torch

BBID User Authentication Required

I need help as this is becoming very very frustrating now.

In March I was asked to validate my credentials, so I clicked on the link and it took me through to the Verify Blackberry ID page.

I changed my email address as I had just got married. However it defaults to my old email address. I change it to my new email address and password but it says 'unable to log in at this time'

I can log on through the PC as my new email address and password. It doesnt even recongise my old email address - but always defaults to it on the verify page.

This has been going on for ages and is very frustrating now as I can not download anything etc....

Can someone help please??????

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: BBID User Authentication Required

From a browser (PC or your phone's), go to www.blackberry.com/blackberryid .  Log in using your old email address and password.  Once in, look for the Account Settings (it might have a different name than that).  From there, you should be able to update your BlackBerry ID with your new email address and password.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
MrsO
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Hi,

I have tried that, but it is saying it doesnt not recongise my old email address. It does however like my new email address on the PC - when I try and enter my new email address on my phone, it says 'unable to login to your blackberry ID account'

it is so frustrating!!

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Have a look at this article to see if it helps you:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/kb28212

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

AlfB
My Device: Curve 9300 Series

For the past week, I keep getting a message saying ‘BBID User Authentication Required’ and then it tells me ‘to use Blackberry Protect, you must validate your Blackberry ID credentials. To validate your credentials, click the ‘BBID authentication required’ link on the Blackberry Protect status screen’.

> But I cannot find where this is on the phone itself!

> It asks me to press ‘Open Blackberry Protect’ but then just sits there with the above message repeated.

> As this message comes up about six times a day, it is quite boring! Please tell me what, if anything, I need to do.

> My email address is alfblackler@gmail.com

> Thanks