Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
applewood13
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

BBM 7 associating with BB ID

Hello,

I'm updating my bbm to bbm 7 and it installed fine, but when i started the app after my reboot it said to enter my blackberry ID info, so i did, and now it is saying "Associating BBM with your Blackberry ID" and it has been doing it for quite a while. It wass giving me this problem with the Beta version also so i just reinstalled the regular version of bbm at the time. Does anyone know how long it should take to do this? And how i could fix this? Because i can't go a whole day without BBM :smileysad:

Contributor
applewood13

Re: BBM 7 associating with BB ID

Update: I did a security wipe, and started bbm and it started associating and is back to where i was before... I'm just going to downgrade to bbm6 for now until i can find a way to fix this. If anyone has a solution your help would be greatly appreciated.

Additional info: I got this phone a few days ago and unlocked it from telus (curently using rogers) and it has been working fine except for a little glitch that it wouldnt mark my bbms as delivered when i sent them (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/BBM-messages-are-delivering-but-not-being-ma... but bbm was working fine before the update.

Contributor
applewood13

Update again: I did a full security wipe on my old blackberry and a full wipe on my 9800. Loaded up bbm7 and signed in with my BB ID, still getting the "Associating BBM with your Blackberry ID". I've run out of ideas... Does anyone have any ideas that i could try doing in order to get it working? 

Contributor
Raees22
My Device: 9900

im having the same problem with my 9900 sooooooo frustrating!!!!!!!!!! please help

Contributor
liamhenney

Its happening to me too! Anything from you yet? 

Contributor
Raees22

i think we should just get bbm 6 back
Contributor
liamhenney

How do you do that?

Contributor
Raees22

to be honest i have no clue but I'm looking ... if i get bbm 6 back i will let u know how to do it
Contributor
liamhenney

Hang on, its just said this "BBM has failed to register with the BlackBerry messenger service. Registration is necessary to use the features of this application. Please ensure your device time is correctly set, open My Profile screen and check the BlackBerry Messenger registration status."

WTF does that mean?

Contributor
Raees22

i got the same message , blackberry is really begining to frustrate me