Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9220
My Carrier: celcom

Re: BBM 7 associating with BB ID

sorry my curve still cant open bbm .. i've tried your step .. tq .. but still in this problem .. help

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell

I thought my problem was fixed too as my Icon came back. This was my original problem after upgrading to BBM 7.1. But after RIM helped me down grade to BBM 7.0 I now have the same problem as you all.  When I click on my BBM Icon all it says is 'Restoring BBM Contacts'.  I was on the phone with RIM four different times for a total of 8hours yesterday and my 'BBM Issues' were sent to the 'next level of Tech support' twice. I'm now at the point where I'm having to wait for 24 - 48hours as this third level of support has to look into my 'BBM Issues' and get back to me. 

If you are lost you too can contact RIM direct at 1 877 255 2377 and see if they can help you step by step. They are very patient and helpful. They helped me with a couple computer problems too along the way. :smileyhappy:

Good Luck

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

I've tried everything, from removing BBM and downloading online through the browser and still having the same problem. I also tried mobile.blackberry.com, and still same problem. I tried even reseting the Blackberry Identity and no difference. In fact after trying all of this, my Torch started going to reboot mode while trying to startup, meaning as It would ask to be rebooted from deleting and installing, it reached the stage to where as it was loading to startup (Blacberry Logo with the loading bar) it would it stop at a point and reboot constantly. So I hooked it up to its desktop software, and downgraded the OS, then upgraded it again to the recent OS version. Lucky I backed up everything a day before so I lost nothing. BlackBerry, please recognize this problem and FIXXXXXX ITTTTTT. My phone is running fine now, but with no BBM. Others have been saying maybe your country is not supported. Well it is if you look at the drop down menu under "Supported Countries" you can see if there is support or not. Besides, my BBM was working fine prior to me upgrading.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

I was prompted to upgrade to BBM 7 as well.  So I did it.  But it is asking now for BB ID login.  I forgot the password and made a mistake in the email I entered for BB ID.  Now, when I reset my password, it sends an email to that wrong email address.  Tried to use a new BB ID but it say I need to use the BB ID associated with this mobile.

I have no idea why BB din't send a verification email when I registered for my BB ID.  This is basic stuff.

I keep sending Twitter to BB but get no reply back.  I can't use my BBM.

If this keep going on for a few more days, my next phone will definately not going to be BB.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

oh!! this is my problem too!!

so frustrated

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi, I  came across this problem  with bbm7 yesterday. I tried  resetting the bbid password, removing the bbm app and reinstalling,  resetting the device back to factory settings, none of which made any difference. To get bbm functioning again, I found a link to download bbm6, so I removed bbm7, downloaded bbm6 & now all is working again. Not a fix but at least you can use bbm again. If anyone wants the link to bbm6, let me know and I will post it when I can.

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Spectrum777?, Can i please have the link for BB6
New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi, delete bbm 7 first then follow this link on the handset.

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=bbm6

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

I endup backing my contacts, pics and other data and do a security wipe. The it allowed me to use a new BB ID.

BTW, Backup and restore doesn't work since it will also bkup the old BBID and restores it.

Visitor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: vf

I also have this issue after updating to bbm 7 on my bold. I haven't touched bbm since, but get this message on my playbook when accessing bbm over bridge.

"You must accept the Blackberry Messenger License Agreement on your smartphone to use BBM on your PlayBook."

Maybe this still has to be done somewhere, in order to pass to associating phase? Or it is a bug coming from RIM...