Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
applewood13
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BBM 7 associating with BB ID

I switched from my 9800 back to my 8520 and updated to bbm7 and i had no problem doing it. So it must be a problem with the 9800 because i used the samw bb id on both and it doesnt work for the 9800. Also i know people using other models have it working on theirs so it must be certain models with this problem.

Thats why RIM should have stuck to 2 or 3 models so they wouldnt have to test software on 30 different phones!! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CHursley
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell

OMG Spectrum777  THANK YOU SO MUCH. My BBM Works Now!!!! :Clap:  Do you know that I've been dealing with RIM since Tuesday morning. They told me I couldn't Down Grade to BBM Version 6. I've gone up three levels of support and they still haven't helped me. But because of you it now works. :Yes:

I'm So Happy Thank You Again. I'm now going to tell Rim Tech Support Level Three that my BBM works now Thanks to Spectrum777  :Yes:

Merry Christmas.

Sincerely

Colleen

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aimanfaisal
My Device: curve 9220
My Carrier: celcom

[ Edited ]

thanks spectrum777 !! i have my bbm 6 !! thanks .. work again on curve 9220 sorry

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Spectrum777
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Glad to help Colleen,

merry Xmas to you too.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AdamJohnson
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9220
My Carrier: Advance Info Service (AIS) Thailand

THREAD CLOSED - - - REASON = SOLUTION FOUND
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
p2ng17
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: globe

did you have wifi or data connectivty or may check ur setting about connectivity before you sign in
Please use plain text.
darciehelps
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9870
My Carrier: Orange

I had the same problem. I removed my vodafone sim from my blackberry as it didn't have blackberry services; I replaced the sim with an orange sim, newly topped up with £15. I bought packages, unlimited texts, data and blackberry services. It was appauling as it took at least 4 phone calls to orange each day until it activated. Once it did, my bbm 6 wouldn't work. This could have been due to the fact it hadn't quite connected yet, but I upgraded anyway to bbm 7. Launched the application, typed in my details and BlackBerry ID. I waited 24 hours, it was still associating with my BBM pin. I then phoned orange on about the sixth day and raged at them. It turned out that because I hadn't had blackberry services before on this device, or at least for a long time, I had to do a soft reset. So, if you suffered from this bbm 7 problem, pull your battery out for NO LESS than 30 seconds. After that, mine worked fine, I could access browsers, my bundles worked and so did my bbm and email.

If yours continues to fail, try again until you have the UMA and blackberry logo on the top right of your screen.

If still no sign, contact orange and do what I did. Then, claim your credit back for the calls as you were 'complaining', worked for me! They fixed it all in less than 5 minutes, brilliant.

Hope this helped x x x

Please use plain text.
mackoy
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: curve

pls post.
Please use plain text.
Carrie128Green
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

i had the same proble ive done what you all said but its still not working what do i do help me plz argh
Please use plain text.