Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

rossbooky
My Device: BB Torch 9800
My Carrier: UBT

BBM 7 contacts

I upgraded to BBM7 awhile back. Recently my BB stoppd syncing with my Outlook so i was advised to do a security wipe which i did. When i reactivated my phone, and went through the process of signing in to BBM with my ID, none of my BBM contacts were there.

I noticed when i was signing in to BBM I got the option of restoring contacts from an external location (ie media card or local storage) but I chose not to at the time becasue i thought they were going to reappear. Do i only ever get this option once or can I now restore my contacts from an older backup that i have got which i took when i was still using BBM6?

Any help would be appreicated!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BBM 7 contacts

Hello rossbooky

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Usually if we Update BBM to 7 or higher once we login with our BlackBerry ID our BBM contacts gets populat itself, This newer version of BBM don't allow local backup and restore everythin is stored with our BlackBerry ID .

To resolve your issue if you have a previous backup then first go through this post by Xandrex  :

New BBM 7 Update Now Available: Get Talking with BBM Voice

Try it and let us know if you're still unable to recover your BBM contacts.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
rossbooky
My Device: BB Torch 9800
My Carrier: UBT

Thank you. I ended up doing another security wipe and finding the option to restore contacts from a backup. I did this and although the backup was from a couple of months ago when i still had BBM6, at least it had most of my contacts!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi there,

I'm glad you resolve your issue and able to recover your BBM contacts by yourself .. Enjoy !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.