Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: Tesco

BBM, Email and 3G isnt working!!!!

I bought my blakcberry torch a couple of days ago, since then i have signed up for a blackberry ID and registered with my Wifi, this has all worked fine. However, for some reason whenever i go on setup and then email accounts it always says "your device is having problems connecting to the server" whats this all about? Also, whenever i go on BBM and try to invite a friend it says "waitng for authorisation" i'm on contract with BSI included. Additionally i know my friend has not declined my invite cause he said my invite hasnt come through (only been 3 days). Help is needed on this too! And finally, if i go anywhere without wifi i can't access the internet because it says "my service plan doesn't approve internet" literally wtf, blackberry's a far too complicated!?! HELP IS NEED ASAP PLEASE!!!!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: BBM, Email and 3G isnt working!!!!

In the first instance try these two steps, both should result in a message appearing in your inbox saying the handset is registered on the network:

- remove the battery, wait 30 seconds and reinsert. 

- go to Options - Advanced - Host Routing Table, press the menu key and select Register Now

If you are still have issues After this you need to give Tesco's Mobile a call - it could be that BIS has not been fully activated on your phone. 

Contributor
My Device: BES 4.0
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BBM, Email and 3G isnt working!!!!

Each BlackBerry phone has a serial number and other numbers that are required when you set them up for service. The phone that is not allowing BBM and email service has not been properly set up for service with the provider you are trying to use. I think it requires more than a sim card swap.

God is Great