Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Joe09
My Device: Torch 9800

BBM VOICE DOESNT WORK... PLEASE HELP

Please can someone help me out urgently. I am desperately trying to sort out my Bbm Voice Chat.

I have a Torch 9800, I have upgraded my bbm and tried using the new voice option however it doesnt work.

there is a warning sign at the top right corner and when I do connect to my Wi-Fi it says " Your Voice chat connection can not be established"  also the icon just shows as grey when trying to chat to my contacts. Once I press the icon to start the chat it says "make sure you are connected to wifi and try again" 

I have read on one of the forums that I should delete my bbm and re install it, I tried doing this and it does not help I still have the same problem with connecting even after rebooting my phone numerous times.

By deleting my bbm and re installing it i have lost previous chats within the past 6 months and my bbm is not the same. I urgently need to use bbm voice chat to communicate with family that live abroad and would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

How do I fix this problem with bbm voice chat?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: BBM VOICE DOESNT WORK... PLEASE HELP

Hello Joe09

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Where are you located , which country ? 

Can you first check this Catalog page and confirm if your country is in Supported Country list : http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/3729/ 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Joe09

Hey Prince2012

Thank you for replyiing to me.

I am in South Africa. I really do hope you can help me please.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Joe

South Africa is in supported country list.

Generally this error appear where BBM voice is not available , if you're recieving the same error , can you confirm if you're properly connected to a wifi before trying this voice call , are you able to browse internet over that same wifi ?

Can you go through those Article :

How to Use BBM 7.0 Voice to Voice Chat 

KB26816 : Using Video Chat, BBM Voice, or BBM Video behind a firewall

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Joe09

Hi Prince

I went through to one of the blackberry buddies and we figured out what the problem was, my blackberry protect was the problem. we played around with some of the settings and we managed to get it up an running.

I hope this helps other people who experience the same problem and thank you once again for your help Prince.

:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hey Joe

I'm glad you're able to fix your issue and enjoying BBM voice :smileyhappy:

I'll be glad if your share your solution by sharing what changes you have done in BlackBerry protect to resolve this issue with BBM voice , your explanation will help most other users.

Please use plain text.