Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

SA2
New Contributor
SA2
My Device: Torch 9810

BBM and Internet not working

Hiya,

Im new to BlackBerry! :smileyhappy:

I bought my BlackBerry Torch 9810 a week ago and have changed my tariff to BlackBerry Bolt on, however it's been a week and my BBM is not working and nor is my internet without WI-Fi. I don't know what to do. I conntacted my network provider and they said it is probably something with phone.

I have done the battery pull several time and also have done the Hosting Route, yet when I press registration, it says sent but nothing happens after I don't receive any message or anything. In the top right hand corner I've been told there should be a blackberry icon yet my doesn't appear. Though it does say 3G in capitals. 

Please Help! I was so excited when I bought the phone, but now it's not even working properly :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BBM and Internet not working

O2 obviously has not registered your new device on their network.

You need to call them and have them trouble shoot this issue and have the issue ESCALATED up to RIM's tier two level tech support.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
SA2
New Contributor
SA2
My Device: Torch 9810

I've rung o2 up several times and they are saying its nothing wrong with thier network and everything seems to be fine.  I seriously don't know what else to do because I just get told the same thing and really am stuck, they think it may be my phone, but did checks which showed my phone was fine. I spoke to a repair guy and he said he would delete my settings from his end and download them again. 

So fingers crossed it works, this is becoming fraustrating:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

SA2 wrote:

I've rung o2 up several times and they are saying its nothing wrong with thier network and everything seems to be fine.

Their "network" may certainly be fine.

Checking your account settings should be what they need to do.

Believe me, I've seen hundreds of posts here and users who the mobile provider forgot to provision the account correctly with the BlackBerry data plan.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.