Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
smissio
My Device: Torch 9800

BBM has stopped working on wifi

Hello,

I am from Toronto (I'm on Virgin) and I am currently in Switzerland on vacation. I have been using BBM and email over wifi without any problems over the last few days. However, recently BBM and email have stopped working on my phone. Facebook, the App Store, WhatsApp, etc. all work fine, but BBM and email do not.

I have noticed that I no longer have the Blackberry BB icon in the top right-hand corner of my phone (where it shows wifi connection, etc). How do I get BBM/email working again? 

Thank you!

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: BBM has stopped working on wifi

Start with a battery pull.  Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

Give that a try and post back with your results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
smissio

Thank you for the suggestion, but I've tried that three times and still nothing happens :smileysad:

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

My next suggestion would be to resend the service books to your phone but you're going to incur data charges if you're abroad.  If you're not concerned about that, from your homescreen go to Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Host Routing Table>(Menu Key)>Register Now.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
smissio

I tried that, after choosing "Resister Now" it says: "Registration message queued. It will be sent once data coverage is avaliable" when I click "okay" (only option) nothing happens!

New Contributor
smissio

Just tried again with my Mobile Network on (gulp!) it saidd, "registration was sent" but nothing seemed to change.

Visitor
arazakmn0953
My Device: 9900 and 9800

After registering,please do a batt pull once again,it worked for me when I was in Turkey,make sure you enable data but not roaming in your setting to avoid data charges.

New Contributor
RedRockSA
My Device: BB Torch 9800

If you recently completed an update of BBM its possible that the update has broken your BBM by making the icon invisible due to an incorrect version install or incomplete DL - this is a known bug which still has not been addressed. 

If you have not recently upgraded BBM then ....

Check if you have not accidently Hidden the icon -

• Go to your Home screen - press the dingleberry (BB) icon BB Dingleberry  & 
    • see if the option 'show all' (unhide) is there
    • if so click it to show the hidden icons - if not you should see 'Hide' option
  • do the same when in Messages screen. 

You can try the usual advice of uninstall & re-install & battery pull & wipe & reinstall OS & service book install etc. etc. BUT the fact remains that I still can't get my BBM icon back after 8 months of trying ......

BTW since my BBM icon disappeared it also took with it at later dates - BB App World / WhatsApp / FaceBook and more .....

Moral of story ........ Don't upgrade Apps unless you have to!!

If this post and/or any other helps you, please click the 'thumbs-up' button of the post(s) that did so.
found your cure? - indicate this by tagging the relevant helping post/s with "Solution!"