Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
glaporte
My Device: Torch 9800

BES Filtering custom headers

Hi,

I have an application that displays a browser field in which I show a web page of our web application. I created a class that implements NavigationRequestHandler and ResourceRequestHandler to manage basic authentication. 

But I also need to add a custom header for the server to tell him i'm in a midlet and not in the web browser. I tried it on the simulator with deviceSide=true and Everything was all right (Pushing the custom header every request). When I tried it on one of the company's blackberry (Torch 9800), it wasn't working and server side, I saw that the headers were stripped by the BES (I guess) and the authentication was switch to Negotiate(Our web application use NTLM). The problem is that I can't see my custom header anymore server side.

We did a midlet a few years ago for older blackberrys and I'm not experiencing this issue with the old midlet. This midlet use a RenderingSession object and everything was implemented by us. We decided to use the new browserfield in the new one, but we are experiencing this issue. 

Do you have an idea about the problem?

Thanks a lot!

Please use plain text.