If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
tht1kidd
My Device: 9850
My Carrier: Simple Mobile

BIS Issue

Heres the Issue im having.

I recently bought a used US Cellular 9850. Im running 7.1.0.755, 7.1 Bundle 2123.

I had a 9780, and when I switched devices, from the 9780 to the 9850, I am unable to setup my email accounts. But, whats is interesting is, I have a BIS connection, and have my Service Books, I have Browser, and am able to browse the web, but not able to setup my accounts. AT ALL. 

My 9850, spits out an error saying, The device is not registered. You need to register the device. Register through Host Routing Table. Go To, Options -> Device -> Advanced -> Host Routing Table -> Press the BB Menu Key -> Register Now.

So Ive repeated these steps many of times, and it still spits out the error. 

FTR: 

EDGE, not edge, Connection.

Service Information states I have a BIS Connection.

I am using the 'My Simple Mobile" Carrier

Simple Mobile does not support the 9850, but, I have seen others use various unsupported BB's on the My Simple Mobile Network, like, 9650, 9630, and other devices.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,875
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BIS Issue

In this case, it appears your 9850 is not entered into their database, therefore not registering.

You need to ask them to enter the MEID of this device to their database.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tht1kidd
My Device: 9850
My Carrier: Simple Mobile

Well I had called CS for Simple Mobile and I had them enter the IMEI and new PIN for my 9850 and it doesn't work at all.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,875
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Well the problem is that the 9850 is a primary CDMA network device. Simple is GSM network.

It's the same as running the 9850 on ATT or Tmobile, it's possible, but you'll never get 3G and will need to sideload the service books.

Read the instructions I've posted here:Attention: Unlocked Storm on AT&T or T-Mobile

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.