Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BIS loses connection when leaving a wifi network on 9800

I am on BES and have a BIS email account, I leave WiFi on all the time.

Work wifi and home wifi just connect automatically.

Battery life is about same as 9700 I had before.

Older apps transferred to a new OS that the Torch has can be troublsome, I had 2 that were causeing issues and now it is resolved.

On device go to Options, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on #Torch.

Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on. Also touch the CPU menu to see other time variables. I found out that an app was eating away CPU cycles on mine

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Solutions: 6,154
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

badboy337 wrote:

Could you please tell us that RIM knows about this issue or how we can let them know???  Thank you!

Call  your carrier, AT&T and to have the issue esclated with RIM level tech support.

Ask them to make sure the issue is logged as a constant problem, or whatever you want to call it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

JSanders wrote:

badboy337 wrote:

Could you please tell us that RIM knows about this issue or how we can let them know???  Thank you!

Call  your carrier, AT&T and to have the issue esclated with RIM level tech support.

Ask them to make sure the issue is logged as a constant problem, or whatever you want to call it.

I've called them already and wasted two hours of my day last month.  i don't think enough people are calling to complain about this issue.  You can see here there are 20 pages and counting of people with the same issue.  Hopefully when all the Canadiens experience this issue, RIM will finally wake up and take notice.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/bis-keeps-dropping-514869/index20.html

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: ATT

Same issue here.  Loved my phone till I started using WiFi.  I have called ATT and wasted tons of time talking to both them and RIM.  So far they only advice they are giving me is to do a system restore.  I am about to try it now.  This is seriously annoying.  It seems like the only way to use this phone is to use it without ever turning on WiFi.  Total ripoff.

New Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

Well, system restore worked after also removing the battery.  I guess I will just stay off of WiFi until we get more info about how to fix this problem... Smiley Mad

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just found out in the Crackberry forums that this issue has finally been acknowledged by RIM!   It looks like our workaround to just back up the phone and wipe the data was correct. 

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB24285

Hopefully this means a fix coming soon!!!

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 9800/Blackberry 9530/Blackberry 9700/Blackberry 8530
My Carrier: T-Mobile/Wifi

Apparently RIM has stepped back into the days of Windows 95 where the solution to every problem was a reformat! Its ridiculous that I need to reformat my BB almost every day just to keep a data connection. Its almost been a month since the device has been released and this has still not been fixed.

If you find this post useful please give kudo's
New Contributor

Disabling APN seems to have solved this for me.
New Contributor

I was wondering...  How many of you that have this problem with their phone also have the tether option on the data plan?

New Contributor
My Carrier: TMobile

Not me. I am on TMobile.