Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: TORCH 9800
My Carrier: O2

BLACKBERRY TORCH WONT RECOGNISE MY SIM

Is there anyone out there who can help me with a problem that has defeated everyone I have asked.

Blackberry torch 9800 currently on o2 in the uk and never  locked to another provider

The phone has been trouble free for two years until the a recent spate of connection drop offs remedied by  reseating the battery.

The problem worsened until the phone did not recognise the sim. fitted a new registered sim from my provider

only to get a message insert sim . Think ing it was a faulty sim had another fitted same thing . the phone does not see the sim BUT

the sim works okay in my other paygo phone no problem.

also vice versa the torch recognise my paygo sim from another provider vodaphone .it also works with all other

sim card .

In short the phone worked with every other providers sim card except my contract o2 . Yet the o2 sim works in my other older Blackberry

I have tried a security wipe but no better. and I cannot understand the problem in the phone as it reads other sims

Has anyone any ideas Smiley Happy