Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: o2

BLACKBERRY TORCH - won't turn on and desktop manager won't recognise it - I can't get my contacts

Hi all,

I'm new to this so please bare with me.

I'll try and be as brief as possible. Up until last week I had the Blackberry Torch 9800. I was due an upgrade and about two days before I went to contact my network provider my Torch battery died (it wasn't broken at this point, it just was drained and needed charged) so I went to charge it and it did that thing where the battery was so dead it wouldn't even switch on whilst charging.

I plugged it in and rather than charge like normal it was completely dead and the only activity it offered me was two red flashing lights as it 'charged'. From that moment on it has not turned on. Dead as can be. If I plug to charge (wall charger OR USB port) I get the two bright red flashing notification lights but it will not go on.

Anyway rather than send it to be repaired I opted for a new phone as I was due an upgrade anyway and intended on doing so whether the Torch was alive and kicking at this point or not. Cut a long story short I got my new blackberry (9360 curve) it is all set up with my e-mail etc, media card and same sim card swapped over but as Blackberry insist on your contact numbers being saved to the handset and not the sim my contacts are stuck in my Torch 9800.

When I go to plug the Torch in to Desktop manager to get the contacts saved to there and then sync over to my new handset the Torch is so dead that DManager won't even read/recognise it. My network say since this is not an issue with network etc they can't really help and gave me a number for Blackberry services in England somewhere (they are office hrs so can't phone until Monday morning).

Please can someone help? I have my new 9360 all up and running but my contacts are stuck in my Torch and that is the only place they are? DManager won't recognise the Torch because it is dead - except the two flashing lights - and therefore won't let me at the contacts that way.

ANY help would be appreciated - please not too techinal as not great with all of that side of things!

Sorry for the long post.

Sco123.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BLACKBERRY TORCH - won't turn on and desktop manager won't recognise it - I can't get my contacts

Sco123 wrote:

Sorry for the long post.

Sco123.

Then let me counter with a short reply:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 .

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: o2

Re: BLACKBERRY TORCH - won't turn on and desktop manager won't recognise it - I can't get my contacts

This suggestion doesn't really help me to be honest - because it explains that this process will clear the phone's data and that is the last thing I want to happen because it is the data inside the phone that I want.

Does any one else have any other suggestions???

Thanks.