Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
rajitha
My Device: torch-9810

Back up and data loss

I got a full back up before installing notifysycn. then when I restored, my media files including photos were not available. I had stored my photos in the device, not in the media card. kindly help if there is a way to retrive them as they are very important.

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Back up and data loss

Hi and welcome to the forums!

When transferring media from On Board device memory or Built In Media Storage to a media card, you can only transfer one file at a time. For instructions on synchronizing media to your BlackBerry using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB05475 Explore the media card and Internal Memory Content

KB30210 How to synchronize media from a computer to a BlackBerry smartphone

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

mchigurupati
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9810

Hi, 

My Brother locked my phone and he dosent remeber the password

the pictures and contacts are VERY VERY important to me and it was synced on BlackBerry Protect but i dont know the     next step. PLS help me

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

@rajitha, when you did the full backup via desktop manager did you tick the option to backuin the Internal Memory? Similarly, when you restored your backup, did you check the option to restore the internal memory? These options are not ticked by default. 

If you did tick the option when backing up, you can do a selective restore and chose to restore only the internal memory - note, it will overwrite any data you currently have there. 

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

@mchigurupati, welcome to the community. As your issue has nothing to do with the OP you would have been better served starting your own thread. 

However.... If your device was registered on Blackberry Protect you can log into the Protect website and remotely lock and change your device password from there. It would also be worth noting that blackberry protect does not backup media - so if your pictures are that important to you I would make a regular backup of them to a pc or laptop manually. 

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi @mchigurupati and welcome to the community!

BlackBerry® Protect allows you to change your password, but only if you know the old password. If your media is stored on a media card, remove the card from the BlackBerry® and use a media card reader to copy the contents to the PC. If you have to wipe the device your media card shouldn't be affected, but doing the backup will give you a little peace of mind.
Thanks,

Bifocals
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
rajitha

hi

thanks for your kind advices. i think I did. all data like contacts, texts restored. but  I was still missing pictures take and storred on DEVICE

New Contributor
rajitha

Actually our IT guys did the back up and seems like they haven't checked built-in media check box. So pathetic. I have lost many of my sensitive data including the photos taken when my first child was born. Don;t you know any system to recover those data?