Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Sherryl29
My Device: Torch 9810

Backing up Smart Card

Every time I try to back up BlackBerry Torch 9810 with my desktop it stops running at the Backing up Smart Card. It just gets hung up and sends me a message saying "backing up in progress - do not disconnect your device" This message never goes away. I am using software version 7.0 bundle 1672 on the BlackBerry desktop.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Backing up Smart Card

Hello Sherryl29

Welcome to Support Forums

If you're having problem with your device Backup ,then try those steps :

Connect your device and run BlackBerry Desktop Software for windows , In desktop Software Click on Devive > Delete Data > Choose Selected data > Scroll down to Social feed Database > Mark it and and click on delete . Once that part is deleted try to perform a full backup.

KB29522 : "Error backing up databases" message is generated at Smart Card Options database when backing up the BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
Sherryl29

Thank you for responding.  When I connect my device the only option I am given by clicking on device is Synch by type or switch device.  I have reinstalled bb desktop, removed battery from BB.  nothing seems to make a difference. 

Elite II
prince2012

Hello Sherryl29

Which version of BlackBerry Desktop Software you have installed on your PC , Also is it a personal computer or a work  PC, do you have admin. right over that PC in which you're trying ! 

You can download recent version of Desktop Software from here BlackBerry desktop software .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
Sherryl29

Thanks

It is my personalPC  computer.  I am running software version 7.0 bundle 1672

Still not working correctly :smileysad:

Elite II
prince2012

Hello Sherryl29

Then I suggest , follow this Article and start all over again Cleanly "Starting Over" with the Desktop Software (non-BES)

Good luck.