Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
MissyASM
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

Battery Change

I have had my Blackberry 9800 for almost 2 years now. The battery has begun to drain really quickly. I won't even be using it and it will die in about 6 hours.

I have closed all other applications and I am trying to start my phone in safe mode...with no luck at the moment.  I have purchased a new battery, from Amazon as I cannot find the battery for my phone anywhere else.

My question is should I skip the safe mode and put the new battery in? If so, is there a certain amount of time I need to charge it or just until it says it's finished charging?.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Battery Change

[ Edited ]

You can skip the Safe Mode and just put the new battery right in the phone and start it in Normal Mode. Once the battery is in, plug the phone in to charge until it shows a full charge but make sure that's at least 15 minutes; any less than that and you should just leave it plugged in for a few minutes extra. You can use the phone while it's plugged in.

You got two years from your former battery which is about what one can expect from a smartphone battery, so any issues you were having with quick drainage were to be expected.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
MissyASM
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Re: Battery Change

Thank you for your help