Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
bearyb
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Telus

Battery Issues

My battery has been acting pretty funky lately and I can't figure out why. It's been draining really fast. After a 10 minutes phone call, or 3 minutes of using the browser the phone turns off because the "battery life is drained". I pull out the battery and remove the sim card for a few minutes, then replace the battery and turn it back on. All of a sudden my battery is at 70%. I turn off the network capabilities, turn off the phone, replace the sim card, turn the phone on again, and turn on the network, the power is still at 70%. Note that if I turn on the phone without removing the sim card and turning off the network, then the battery dies right away again. I've turned off facebook updates, and turned down the backlight and it hasn't really helped that much. Is there a chance that reformatting the phone would remove whatever program that mgiht be responsible for killing the battery, or is it just that the battery is **bleep** and I need to replace it?

Thanks!

Barry

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Battery Issues

On device go to Options, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on Smartphone. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on. Also touch the CPU menu to see other time variables. I found out that an app was eating away CPU cycles on mine

Disable Compression on media card? go to Options, Device, Storage

using a custom theme? try it for a day the factory default one to rule out your theme

remember the esc key closes most apps, except for GPS and some chat clients. the other apps need to use menu and then exit or close. The farthest key to the right is a home key and does not close any apps per se but will end calls.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bearyb
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Battery Issues

I've checked the cpu usage and it says that today nothing's been running for more than a couple of minutes. I've held down the blackberry buttone to get the list of running applications, and I can't see anything other than the standard applications that I can't close.

The battery was working fine up until about a month ago, and I haven't changed any of the settings since well before the problem started.

What doesn't make sense though is that after it says the battery died, I essentially reset it, and the battery life is back to normal. The only things that I can think of to explain that behaviour is either a program that's killing my battery that runs parallel to normal processes, or some bad connection with the battery terminals.

Is there a way to reformat the phone?

Please use plain text.