Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.
My Carrier: Rogers

Battery calibration

Before posting this, i did a search and couldn`t find anythng that would answer my question. 

I`m using a BB torch 9800 and I noticed that there is a diference between the battery power shown in the "Device Satus Information" and the little battery icon shown on the top left side of the screen. For example, when my battery power is shown to be 50%, the little battery icon is not half empty (or half full - whichever you like). The battery icon shows more like 65% or 70% charge left.

is there a way to calibrate this so that the battery icon charge would be the same as the value shown in "device Status Information" ?

Thanks

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Battery calibration

No, there's not. 

The battery level indicator icon and any other source of battery level information are nothing but "guesses" based on level of use and many other factors.  At no time can any of these indicators be deemed 100% correct.  They are only software that aids you in approximating how much battery power you have left and will always be "fairly accurate" at best.  The fact that two sources are giving you different information is just par for the course.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.

Re: Battery calibration

Thanks. I figured that the two values - numerical and graphical - were "feeding" off the same source. Ididn`t make a big dal of it ... it just happened to notice the discrepancy.

Thanks