If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
radu_dobre
My Device: BB 9810
My Carrier: VODAFONE ROMANIA

Battery drain over night

Hello,

I have a strange problem with my 9810. Yesterday I pulled out my phone from charging at 7:AM (100%). I put it on GPRS , because i didn't did any browsing on that day and to see how much my battery will last. So after a few phones, sms, emails, I was down to 80% by 10PM. Was very happy with what I saw.

In background were running Accuweather and Facebook with update once every 3 hours. Also I have Battery Bost MAX, and an application which shows me battery icon with procentage.(Smart Blndie). I am in an area with good signal.

Put the phone in the holster, and went to bed. I was very courios to see what the battery shows. At 6 AM i was shocked : 42%... I can't blame it on the applications, because if there were their fault, my battery should discharge the same over day... GPS is off, wifi is off. The phone has 2 weeks (almost new).

I am runing 7.1.0.658 OS...  My screen is at 10%, and turn off over 20 seconds...

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Battery drain over night

Hello radu_dobre

Welcome to the Support Community Forums

It appears that you are already running the most recent OS and also following some of Battery Saving tips.But as we all know we should not leave any application open, it will of course consume battery then average.Please have a look at this article of RIM Knowledge Base it has some helpful suggestion regarding battery as well as how to increase the memory of our device :

KB14320  How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

I hope it will help.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
radu_dobre

As I said it before, I can't blame it on the applications in background, why will they use my battery over night and not during the day?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

radu_dobre wrote :  

In background were running Accuweather and Facebook with update once every 3 hours. Also I have Battery Bost MAX, and an application which shows me battery icon with procentage

Hi radu_dobre

If you run an social based application you can't say it will be same for night as it will be in day time.But if you think that application are not responsible then you can try  Application resource monitor or Open BlackBerry Device Analyser and run a battery test it will show you which application is using your battery resourses 

and you will be able to figure out the problem.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
radu_dobre

I deleted facebook, and will try to see what happens this night.... But is posible for Facebook to consume that much battery when the phone is in idle? I didn't received any messages or so, don't have much friends to say that the do update etc. I deleted also battery boost and Smart Blindie. This software 7.1.0.658 doesn't have Device Analyser.... Or if it has, i can't find it.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi radu_dobre

No need to uninstall Facebook and yesI also don't think facebook alone can consume that much of your Battery, Open BlackBerry Device analyser to run a test.On your HomeScreen Go to Options > Device > Advance System Setting > BlackBerry Device Analyzer >Battery Test . Try  Running  it at night to see which application is using most resources.

If that don't help then I prefer Update your Device Software as I can see your Carrier has released 7.1.0.714 for your device model.Carriers

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
radu_dobre

I don't have that option in .658... BB device Analyzer....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
radu_dobre

And alos .714 doens't has it.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi radu_dobre

Please have a look at this RIM Knowledge Base Article :

KB31922 : BlackBerry Device Analyzer Application is missing on the BlackBerry smartphone.

So try it.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
radu_dobre

Thank you very much, i found it .
Please use plain text.