Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Battery drain over night

Hi radu_dobre

You are welcome ..So please run the test and let us know the results.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
radu_dobre
My Device: BB 9810

Hm... I think that is an OS error, because I pull out  the phone from chargin at 14:30 PM, and now is almost 17:15 PM  a few phone calls (7-8) and 2-3 e-mails, and my phone still shows me 100% battery.... I also checked on my carrier web site the traffic over night, to see if an application was doing traffic. All the traffic done over night was 0.5 MB....

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi radu_dobre

So have run that test.If not then do it, running the test will atleast show you which application within your device is using your device Battery .

And of course if any error within device OS it may show some unusual behavior . Every Updates helps in battery performance and well as device response and also your Carrier is providing that update ,So if you think of any OS error you can perform that update ,

But as always Backup first.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
radu_dobre

[ Edited ]

I started the test since you explained to me how to activate BB Analyzer. It is 18:30 and I am down to 96%  (at 18 was 98%).... with 0.54% per hour discharge. How do I print screen with BB ?

General : 0.98%

Bluetooth : 0%

phone usage : 10.3%

Average numbers of modules : 54

Average number of proceses : 51.4

Total CPU :3.82%

Modules with highest CPU usage :

network traffic control : 1.45% ( recently instaled today after i had that problem)

my battery : 0.45% ( also recently instaled to watch battery drain )

net_rim_options_app 0.42%

net_rim_ribbon_app   0.36%

net_rim_phone_app   0.3%

Wifi 1%

mobile network 98.63%

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

On device go to Options, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on Smartphone. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on. Also touch the CPU menu to see other time variables. I found out that an app was eating away CPU cycles on mine

Disable Compression on media card? go to Options, Device, Storage

using a custom theme? try it for a day the factory default one to rule out your theme

remember the esc key closes most apps, except for GPS and some chat clients. the other apps need to use menu and then exit or close. The farthest key to the right is a home key and does not close any apps per se but will end calls.

after an update give the device 48 hours to settle in before judging battery life. there is a lot that can sync back during this time

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
Contributor
radu_dobre

Ok, I will let the OS to settle in ( this sounds very strange :smileyhappy: ).... I saw other post which say that the OS should settle in....
Please use plain text.