Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: 9800

Battery drains...while switched off

Dear all,

I switched from a BB 8900 to 9800 at work. The devices is working fine and it has great functions, no problem with that. I have the latest firmware version and no personal apps installed. I switched from 8900 to 9800 using the switch function of Desktop Manager (Windows version).

However, even if I have a correct battery life during the day (I mean, no need to charge), the battery drains during the night.

Yesterday, again (I waited a week before posting, to see if the battery was better), I went to sleep with a full battery (around 11pm) and at 5am this morning, I had just 20% battery remaining ! I use the automatic switch-off function (Which is working, I saw the device going off and I had to switch it on at 5am this morning), which worked perfectly well on the 8900.

I don't understand why the battery drains while the device is off, this is amazing ! I still have my 8900 and after a full charge and a week being stopped, the battery was still high.

Do you have any advice ? Do I have to change the battery or the device ?

Cheers,

Polytan

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Battery drains...while switched off

I had the same problem. however, if I manually turn it off ,I have two choices: "turn off" or "full power off". Use full power off. Your battery will be alive in the morning.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800

Hi, I did a full wipe out, I synchronized my contacts and emails doing a complete new blackberry activation and switched to the latest version of OS6 available .284 and it runs fine now.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have seen a few posts about this and looks like there is an issue when restoring data sometimes with OS 6.

Glad to see that you found a way to solve your issue.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V