Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange / EE

Battery will not charge

When battery would not charge assumed needed replacing, got a new original BB F-S1 battery and it charged first time, then didn't use the phone (switched off, no bluetooth or wi-fi enabled) for 2 days, went to use it and battery flat. Tried several times to charge, used the charge, leave 15 minutes, then charge again but no help. All I get is an outline of battery and big red cross through it.  If I take the battery out and connect to mains, also get the red cross signal. Any ideas please? Thanks.

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Battery will not charge

Where did you buy the battery from?

With the old battery, do you get this same "no battery" icon onscreen?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange / EE

Re: Battery will not charge

Battery of Ebay new.     Had same situation with both batteries, outline of a battery with big red cross through it - Tried several times with both batteries and both have a big red cross on screen - also had it when I took the batteries out and connected to mains so it looks as if there is a problem in the phone.  As am using 13a plug and BB cable to charge in the phone,  have today ordered a wall charger as suggested by others in the Forum. That will take a little time to arrive, when I get one  or both batteries charged by the wall charger, then will try to see if it is softwsre problem as also suggested in Forum.  Ivan Buckland