Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
kwalsh24
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility :(

Bell BB Torch VS AT&T BB Torch

[ Edited ]

Just curious, is there any difference between the two phones?  I am with Bell and have a AT&T BB Torch that my brother got for me from the States, and I am having horrid signal coverage.  Phone will be lucky to get 1-2 bars, or enters SOS mode, so i was wondering if it could perhaps be hardware compatibility issue?  It is not a signal coverage issue, as i had a freind come over and compare his new Samsung galaxy Vibrant phone which is on bell to mine and his phone got perfect signal....

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Bell BB Torch VS AT&T BB Torch

The only difference would be in the 3G frequencies.  I don't recall which ones Bell uses.  Beyond that they would be the same device. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kwalsh24

[ Edited ]

So my signal issue could be a frequency setting within the phone?  Hmm and I be there i no way to modify that either....

I Called bell and told them what was going on, they put me on a new sim (once I went and got it) and there is nothing different.  However my phone worked great on the drive to the location and on the way home.  Once I got into town it was 1 bar access

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

No, it can't be modified. Worst case scenario you only get EDGE but no 3G.

I have a Torch from ATT and don't get any 3G because ATT's 3G freq is different than TMobile's.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kwalsh24

Thats what is confusing me, apparently bell has no other offering other than 3G on their new HSDPA or whatever network,  but when I am not in my town I get 100% signal, in my town I get next to nothing, but my friend with a samsung galaxy s gets 100% signal?  if the frequencies were off you would thing I would get no signal at all no matter where i went?

Please use plain text.