Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
andy9852
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mobility
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry OS7 Update for Torch 9800?

HI,

i was wondering if anyone can tell me whether there will be an update for the BlackBerry Torch 9800 to update to OS7. ive seen OS7 in action and it would be nice to enjoy it hands on without purchasing another phone, seeing how i recently purchased this phone only 3-4 months ago.

Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry OS7 Update for Torch 9800?

At this point in time, RIM has announced that OS 7 will be available on new phones only.  Could that change in the future?  Perhaps, but no announcement of that has been made.

I hope that answers your question.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
andy9852
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Thank you very much for answering my question. 

This is very disapointing seeing how many people paid almost $1000 just to get the newest blackberry, only for it to be totally outdated within a few months. OS7 looks brilliant on the new torch 9810, but no different than my 9800. All it is, is its justs faster. I dont see the problem why the 9800 cant upgrade to it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alexwjmackinnon
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: telus

I agree 100%, its ridiculaus, i paid 800 for it in december and its not august and RIM is telling me to get an updated software i need to buy a new phone? it i wanted outdated software i would have stuck with my samsung omnia.................Very disappointed in RIM!

Please use plain text.
StJ_ZA
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN/ Mobily

That's why this is my last C-Berry. I have an iPhone 3GS, just updated to the latest firmware. iphone is way easier to setup. operate, update etc. waiting for the 4S to be available here, goodbye C-Berry!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leboreiro
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Telefonica Movistar Venezuela

think a little bit about it. the torch 9800 wont never get os7 update just because it cannot load it

the 9800 processor has a half of the 9810 power so if loading os6 with a couple apps it gets slowed just imagine if you load os7 wich is a litte better looking with a little more effects and of course with more heavy .cods files.

Please use plain text.
StJ_ZA
My Carrier: MTN/ Mobily

That even more proves my point. 3GS old processor just updated to OS5 destined for the 4S (new faster dual processor) Good bye C-Berry, hello iphone 4S

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leboreiro
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Telefonica Movistar Venezuela

Hm bbos and ios use totally diferent protocols just because the object of rim has been and always will be communication and bussisness. And apple always has been for entertaining. You can get the newest bb for 50usd with a contract so is not expensive at all. I thnk rim has to get better on the operative sistems area too many bugs on the newest os7 releases. Althougt i will be forever with rim coz is the easiest way to communicate with customers family and friends for me.

If 3gs has now the new os destined for 4s that is just gr8. 1 point more for apple. But i also think that they do that because they are a bigger company. Rim aparently dont care so much about old users. When the new bb colt gets released next year we will see the new dual procesor-more ram-bbx os in a blackberry probabbly the 4s rival.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mayanksaini47
My Carrier: Vodafone

i THINK I MADE A MISTAKE PURCHASE A BLACKBERRY.

Mayank Saini
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

iphone 3gs cant do siri can it?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.