Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
andy9852
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: BlackBerry OS7 Update for Torch 9800?

Please, this is a BlackBerry website and community forum. No need to ask Apple iPhone questions here. Sorry guys.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

andy9852 wrote:

Thank you very much for answering my question. 

This is very disapointing seeing how many people paid almost $1000 just to get the newest blackberry, only for it to be totally outdated within a few months. OS7 looks brilliant on the new torch 9810, but no different than my 9800. All it is, is its justs faster. I dont see the problem why the 9800 cant upgrade to it.

9810 has more memory, WiFi hotspot feature, Faster CPU, 4g and Compass too. So looks the same but is really different.

you could same same about iphone 3g, 3gs, 4 and 4s, they all look and feel the same but they are different too.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
carbon4
My Device: 9800

Mr Heins listen up! If you want blackberry to survive, make sure you don't dismiss all your loyal customers and keep churning out new phones with a new OS that doesn't work on the old one.

Most people probably got a phone on a 2-3 year plan so they won't upgrade to a new one anytime soon.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
andy9852

1. Thats not my name.

2. Thats what im talking about. They need to make an OS that can be upgradable on every device to keep loyal customers.

Thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kingsyah

Hi andy, i have d same problem as u too. I've juz bought 9800 past 5month ago and last week my wife bought a new 9810, yes its wt OS7. I've same view as yours as questioning why i can't update my 9800 to OS7 juz like my wife's 9810. But after i explore her 9810 i realise dat 9810 ram amounted is 768mb while ours 9800 juz 512mb. n 1 more thing, the huge 9810 built-in memory is placed there for a reason. From 8Gb total memory, around 3gb of it is used as its system files (OS7) but ours 9800, as u can know out of 4Gb of built-in memory only less than 500mb used as system files. And i think dis is d main reason why we(9800) are not recommended to upgrade to OS7, but still if u want u can upgrade it using BB desktop software. Juz dload the OS7 compatible wt your carrier, install it on your computer then use appslauncher.exe (found on the BB folder in my document by default). But i think i'll not upgrade mine bcoz worried dat my 9800 will hang. (bcoz of low RAM n built-in memory).

Cheers...
Please click LIKE on my post should u feel this post is relevant and has help u in some way. Mark it as solved if my responsed answered your question.. Thumbs-up me if u feel worth the idea we communicating.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kingsyah

dats rite.. we as a loyal customer need a firm hardware dat can be upgradeable atleast for d next 5years. Juz look at IPhone, even IPhone 1 won't be left without an update. Dis wat i called "customer always right", right? Frm my view, we BB owner are the 1 dat care for RIM unlike Apple, they really appreciate their users by giving up d best software n apps n updates to their customers. Yes i love my BB, but if i can afford to buy another new phone i will not buy BB mobile anymore, but if they willing to work hard n find a software solution dat can fasterned older BB for sure i will be willing to support BB.

Please RIM do something for your existing customer bcoz this part of people who are the walking advertisment for u guys....
Please click LIKE on my post should u feel this post is relevant and has help u in some way. Mark it as solved if my responsed answered your question.. Thumbs-up me if u feel worth the idea we communicating.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mayanksaini47
My Device: Torch 9800

i want OS 7 for my torch plz RIM do something  for this

Mayank Saini
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
theRibking
My Device: Torch 9800

[ Edited ]

Please use plain text.
Contributor
andy9852

Unlike you, some of us have decided to buy this phone without a term contract and paid for the high dolar amount. Your comment was not needed in this forum.

Please use plain text.
Chronos
My Device: 0

Hi,

I can see this thread is getting a little off-topic. Could we please bring the discussion back to Re: BlackBerry OS7 Update for Torch 9800?.

Thanks!”

Chronos                                                                                                                             New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png
Please use plain text.