Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
afink
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: private

Re: BlackBerry OS7 Update for Torch 9800?

[ Edited ]

So you are saying that Blackberry torch is not a new phone but already very old, which is not worth updating. Ok. then I'll drop it into the trashcan and put Blackberry on my ban list and go for iPhone.

RIM has apparently still not understood the concept of GSM in a open european market where people buy a phone from A, the mobile service from B. You can still not buy a blackberry phone independent of an operator. This is only 99.999% of the market. And such issues like not delivering updates for loyal customers just pisses off new customers.

[please don't attempt to avoid the word filter]

Please use plain text.
abrouss
My Device: tourch
My Carrier: aT&T

well this is sad news, no OS 7 for my Torch

This will be my last BB

I only use the IE every now and then, and it is always slow, I have AT&T, but so do other people with different phones and they load much much faster.

Please use plain text.
richkidz
My Device: Torche 9800
My Carrier: O2 UK

where can i download the blackeberry OS 7 file to upgrade my 9800?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

richkidz wrote:

where can i download the blackeberry OS 7 file to upgrade my 9800?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

All official downloads are available via this portal:

But, did you read this thread before posting? If you do, you might notice some pertinent information...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
torch_user
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: simple moblie

BlackBerry OS7 Update for Torch 9800?

can my blackberry 9800 become a mobile hotspot?

Please use plain text.
Joker63
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodaphone

AS lontime IPhone user I was forced by the company to use BB and the torch 9800 was the one up to date not 12 months ago. It does not compare to what I am used to in respect of internet access and many other apps due to a lag in performance. The only positive thing was the Email server and all my hope was for the new OS, too bad.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
afink
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: private

iphone 3GS can't do siri, yes but it can run IOS 5.1.1 and upcoming 6.0. Leaving out features the hardware is not capable of doing is fine. Like an Torch 9800 can not do RFID stuff and nobody would expect it to have this added with a software release.

Please use plain text.
bradgerrard
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I've just received an email suggesting that I can receive what amounts to a discount if I trade in my Torch 9800 which is still on contract. That means i'm still paying for it.

The internet is so slow I hardly use it, now I find that they have a new operating system that is faster but I can't update my phone without a big outlay.

This isn't rewarding customers for going for a phone system that is behind the rest. I was going to buy an android but my friend who was already on BBm wanted me to buy a blackberry, I would have much rather had a better phone one with a better operating system better gadgets, I thought blackberry would be a good business phone. Watching the Olympic cycle race yesterday, some people were in the crowd watching television coverage on their Iphone, they're was no chance I could get that kind of speed of internet on my blackberry.

This isn't building up a following of loyal customers.

I won't be renewing with blackberry.

thanks,

brad.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bonar_Ray
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Telkomsel Indonesia

But Does anyone know why Curve 9380, With  800MHz processor, 512MB of RAM and 320 MB Internal memory Can Run OS 7.1 ???????

Did anyone try to install OS 7 On 9800??

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kingsyah
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Celcom (Malaysia)

Yeah.. Maybe if anyone dat hv tried dis can update us their 9800 wt os7 performance
Please click LIKE on my post should u feel this post is relevant and has help u in some way. Mark it as solved if my responsed answered your question.. Thumbs-up me if u feel worth the idea we communicating.

Please use plain text.