Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
charrychavel
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone (Greece)

BlackBerry Torch 9800-Email problems

[ Edited ]

Hello

My Application Version is :v6.0.0.668 - Platform Version : 6.6.0.236- My Carrier is Vodafone (Greece).

I have a problem with my Torch.It seems that RIM don't recognise it and of course i can't create emails account (e.g. Gmail,yahoo).When i am  putting in my sim card and open the device i can send and receive SMS and calls and also i can open the browser for the internet, but i can't create email accounts....It seems that RIM don't recognise the device.When i am doing a registration (Host Routing Table>Register device on wireless network) i don't receive any message from RIM for the registration.

On Diagnostic test on my device the results are the following :

Radio Data Activation :Yes

Signal Level :-81 dBm

Radio Acess: UMTS

Network : Vodafone GR

ICMP Ping Echo : Yes 

Blackberry Registration : No

Connected to Blackberry : Abort

Blackberry PIN-PIN : Abort

Have you got any explanation about the problem that i mentioned to you?
I can't synchronize my email accounts and seems that RIM doesn't recognize the device when i put in my sim card.However i can send and receive SMS and making calls and also the internet browser is ok.
I can't create emails accounts (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo...) but only Enterprise account emails.I have no choice for Internet mail account.

I have a dual sim card with the same number in my Torch 9800 and the other in my old Storm 9520.

I have done rebooting my device, i took out the battery and placed in again but NO RESULT!!!

Please help me

How can register my device to RIM and how can activate and synchronize my email accounts?

Thank you!!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry Torch 9800-Email problems

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From what you describe, your BB is not registering to your carrier network properly (not RIM's network...RIM has no wireless network...only the carriers do). You need to talk to them (your carrier) for assistance. Until the HRT is populated, nothing else will work.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
charrychavel

Hi

They told me (by the carrier) that they can't do anything about the registration of my device to RIM servers and it is something to be done automaticatelly when i am opening my device.So RIM can't help me,the carrier can't help....Who can help me?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well, I'm sorry to inform you that whoever you spoke to has simply fobbed you off. Think of it this way...who do you for your monthly services? You don't pay anything to RIM...you pay everything to your carrier. They are 100% responsible for all of your support. They have the ability to escalate cases into RIM that they cannot handle, but the person you spoke to simply fobbed you off, which is a pity. I recommend you try again, and don't let them fob you off this time. Again, you are paying them for services that they are not delivering to you...you should be very upset about that!

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
charrychavel

Hi

I was told from my carrier (Vodafone-Greece) that my device can't be registered by them because maybe it has been registered (and locked) from another carrier.I bought the device from ebay outside Europe and US but it is almost new and unlocked.I can enter the browser normally with a good speed and I can send and receive calls and SMS.I asked them how can I enter the Internet through 3G without problem as I know that this can be happened through a registration on RIM serves and how I can not set up my emails or how my device can't be registered on Vodafone-Greece because in their opinion is locked on other carrier on RIM serves?

I can not understand all these...

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

You're able to send and receive phone calls and SMS and you can browse using the browser so we can say that it is clearly an unlocked phone. BUT It may have been Locked for BIS service by its previous carrier for certain reasons such as being reported as lost/stolen or it must have had unpaid bills in the past.

There are lots of unpaid phones sold online so buyers should be cautious.
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
charrychavel

I understand...So i can't do anything...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

charrychavel wrote:

I understand...So i can't do anything...

Hi again...sorry for the delay, I've been away on extended holiday.

Well, maybe...and maybe not...you have some challenges, though.

To get all services properly functioning, your carrier must do several things. Your BB must properly register onto their network at a basic level. Then, they must deliver Service Books to your BB to enable all of the services to which you subscribe. But, for both of those, there are contingencies.

First, each carrier owns their network...they have every right to say what devices can and cannot function on their network. If they say no, then there's no changing that.

Second, if the carrier does not directly support your specific BB model number, then their system normally won't deliver the necessary Service Books, and some significant magic is required to extract those from a working BB (e.g., working on their network) and import them to your BB.

But, all of that is contingent on your carrier even being able to create a BIS account for your BB. Only one BIS account can exist anywhere in the world for any specific BB (controlled by the unique BB PIN). But, I cannot tell if your carrier has or has not been able to create a BIS account for you or not. If they cannot, then what was previously postulated about a lost/stolen device is certainly plausable. Then again, perhaps you could contact the seller and see if they can help with the situation. For reference, please see this KB:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

If the seller does not complete ALL of their steps, then there's nothing that the buyer can do.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
hannahmurphy266
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi sorry to jump on ur thred but im having a problem with my email on my fone too. i was using it fine then a few weeks ago just stopped working on my fone. when i try to activate personal email is tells me their is a connection roblem even when im sat nxt to the router, 

i have looked through everything on the fone turned it off and back on but nothing. im not much of a tachie so could someone help me out in laymans terms. 

thanx again. 

Please use plain text.