Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
cmwood05
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

BlackBerry Torch 9800 Will NOT turn on PLEASE HELP

My phone went black today and will not turn back on.. I have taken out the battery and the sim card, when i put them back in the red light at the top just flashes and nothing comes on the screen. I have tried to boot it by charging it and hooking it up to the computer. The BlackBerry desktop manager says it can not connect to the phone. PLEASE HELP

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry Torch 9800 Will NOT turn on PLEASE HELP

It's imperative that you get your phone to connect to BlackBerry Desktop Software.  If it's not doing so, have a look at this article:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cmwood05

A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again.

That is the message I got

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pshute
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Telstra

Are you sure the battery isn't dead flat? Sometimes they'll refuse to charge from dead flat, and you have to charge the battery in an external charger.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cmwood05

I don't think so, the battery was fully charged when the phone quit working. It was just sitting on my desk at work and went black and has never came back on

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kalvoo
My Device: blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: Safaricom

My blackberry 9810 also has the same problem and i have tried all this solutions and non of them work,if the device is still under warranty i would suggest you go have it replaced like i did the problem is a software issue.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Parsifal
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Telus

I have had the same problem 3 times over the past 2 years.  The first time, Telus replaced the phone immediately as I was told it was a factory defect.  The second time happened within the warranty period and TELUS decided to send it to BlackBerry to get it repaired.  Phone came back,4 weeks later and worked properly but within a month same issue, does not boot up. Third time and three weeks later a new Torch came back from BlackBerry w on what was wrong with that phone.  Now I am staring at the same problem on the THIRD TORCH I HAVE HAD IN TWO YEARS!!! What kind of defective product is BlackBerry shoving down our throats.  As consumers we should expect what we purchase to work and not have to waste 4 hours reloading this and uploading that. Frankly I don't want to find the time to upload a bootfile that is missing, WHY IS IT MISSINg? Why is there a problem in the first place with the phone.  If there is a defect, own up to it and recall them.  I have had BlackBerries for the last 10years, this one is going into Lake Ontario and I am buying a an ANDROID.  Its funny how even the sales people at the corporate TELUS Store and the tech support atff on the phones told me to just chuck it and never buy another BlackBerry again because they are also sick and tired of letting their customers down.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pshute
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Telstra

Parsifal wrote:

I have had the same problem 3 times over the past 2 years.  The first time, Telus replaced the phone immediately as I was told it was a factory defect.  The second time happened within the warranty period and TELUS decided to send it to BlackBerry to get it repaired.  Phone came back,4 weeks later and worked properly but within a month same issue, does not boot up. Third time and three weeks later a new Torch came back from BlackBerry w on what was wrong with that phone.  Now I am staring at the same problem on the THIRD TORCH I HAVE HAD IN TWO YEARS!!! What kind of defective product is BlackBerry shoving down our throats.  As consumers we should expect what we purchase to work and not have to waste 4 hours reloading this and uploading that. Frankly I don't want to find the time to upload a bootfile that is missing, WHY IS IT MISSINg? Why is there a problem in the first place with the phone.  If there is a defect, own up to it and recall them.  I have had BlackBerries for the last 10years, this one is going into Lake Ontario and I am buying a an ANDROID.  Its funny how even the sales people at the corporate TELUS Store and the tech support atff on the phones told me to just chuck it and never buy another BlackBerry again because they are also sick and tired of letting their customers down.  

Is this a 9800 you're talking about? Reading your post, this is actually the 4th time that you've had this happen, with 3 different phones, correct?

When you talk about "reloading this and uploading that", are you talking about reloading the OS, or applications? I'm wondering if there's a particular application you're loading that's causing it.

While I'm sure there are faulty 9800s out there, and I've had a few myself (among 80 users), I find it hard to believe that you could end up with three faulty ones in a row. Are you able to get the battery charged somewhere, just to be sure it's not just a dead flat battery? It might be that you've got an application that's flattening your battery to the point where the phone can't start, even on the charger.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Parsifal
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Telus

Corresct. I am on my third 9800. The first time was a month into my contract, the phone was just exchanged. The second time was after I had downloaded Shazam from the BBM store, it was repaired. The third time, the phone was just about a month after I got it back from repairs, it just froze, then turned off and would not start. All the time cycling through the reboot process. Three weeks later I received a new phone and no explanation. This was the THIRD TORCH... Now it has happened again, while it was updating MSN Messenger from BBM World. Fourth time same issue. All times the Battery was fully charged, I charge it at the office, in my car, when I get home and when I sleep. There is no application that would flatten the battery. Torch was created to Multi Task and compete in todays' I-Pod/Android environment. environments,
Please use plain text.
talha786
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: 02

hi all my blackberry 9800 torch has suddenly stop working i need help with it i have tryed charging it but nuthing happens not even the red light comes on can you please tel me what to do in this situation

Please use plain text.