Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Torch 9800

Hi, I get no torch with my Blackberry
connection to the Blackberry data service and can therefore
no Internet use, Facebook or other!
I got given it and it has no sim-lock!
When I put the SIM card from my bold 9700 (here
everything works fine!) to give the torch, is
However, not everything's! (Except for phone calls and sms
Leave) My my sake with my mobile operator
simcard is all right, he said the device would
a mistake or the pin is speared! Do you know a
solution?
Sry, my English isn't very good!
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch / Playbook
My Carrier: Orange

Re: BlackBerry Torch 9800

When you put sim into your Torch did you get Blackberry registration email as confirmation?

From what you have said it looks like the device isn't set up for your sim and your internet data plan. When I bought a new phone and put current sim in I had to wait a day or two until my carrier (Orange) had sorted it out.

New Contributor

No i didn't get the BlackBerry registration E-mail!
Hmm...my carrier said that the blackberry pin is locked bei RIM?
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch / Playbook
My Carrier: Orange

Yeah what they mean is BB think your sim is still being used in ur old 9700. Not your new torch so its locked all the services on it even though you have a Internet dataplan.

I think your device needs to be activated you may have to contact Blackberry to sort it.

Unless maybe some of the senior posters know different

Good Luck

Regards

Hiren

New Contributor

So, how i contact BlackBerry? Is there a E-mail or have they a hotline?
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Smart - INFINITY

Re: BB 9800 Torch battery life problems - 7hrs max [ Edited ] Options 02-23-2011 01:08 AM - last edited on 02-23-2011 01:10 AM My phone heats up on the lower back part of it, and i dont think that a mere format would do the trick, battery also lasts for more than a few hours...i dont think that this might have something to do with any applications that I installed to think that I only had installed 4 apps that need internet access, NAVARE (BB support in the philippines) was useless as they were not familiar with the handset as they were supecting that the heat is eminating from the battery as mentioned above it is no where near the battery, I also cant play youtube videos using the app that was pre installed in the phone, and they tell me that its select videos only from you tube...hahahahaha...i dont know what will happen to my phone as I have sent it to be checked, they said that this will take 2 to 3 mos max. Few things that I just pondered on while going through this TORMENT: Why is BLACK BERRY not doing anything about this issue? Why do I have to live with the fact the I will lose a perfect new phone for 2 to 3 months when the can just replace it? Where is the heat coming from? ANTENNA? if so, this should be considered safety caputre as this might heat so much and eventually cause burns to users...