Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: 02-UK

BlackBerry Torch Update FAIL!

Hey guys,

I contacted O2-UK about problems I am having with the phone moving the apps back to the home screen when I move them into folders like Games and Applications, and they advised me to downgrade the OS to 6.0 Bundle 695, (platform 6.4.0.105), and then try to upgrade my phone with the one up from that, then finally the newest update.

I was able to update the Torch (9800) to 6.0 Bundle 2391 (Platform 6.6.0.200), but when I try to update it to 6.0 Bundle 2647 (Platform 6.6.0.223) it comes up with an error...

It seems to back everything OK but then when it goes on to the next stage (Install: Download Device Software) it stops and comes up with a box saying "An error has occurred while downloading software for your device. Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists."

I know that I have got an internet connection , because I am able to go to BlackBerry's website and Forums, so it can't be that. This has been happening to me for the last couple of days and I have contacted O2-UK about it and they said they could send it off, but cos I choose to downgrade they will charge me £20 for the software to reloaded on the device. Which to me is disgusting as they told me to do it in the first place.

Thanks in advance guys, any help will help me massively Smiley Happy

New to BlackBerry Smiley Happy Loving the Torch 9800
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: BlackBerry Torch Update FAIL!

I suggest you download the OS install file first here :
us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

then you can install it without requiring the internet connection that you have but that the program says it wants.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: