Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
dave421421
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2 UK

BlackBerry Torch dialling problems

[ Edited ]

Hi 

I wonder if you can help, im new to Blackberrys and have a problem with one of my Blackberry torch's.

I have two blackberry torchs and one will not dial out or receive incoming calls and will not allow me to send or receive texts, but the bb messenger services seem to work fine including the browser ??

I Have full signal, 3g, and it says o2 -uk on the phone.

When i try to dial it says No service currently available (message pops up on the screen) .

When i dial 999 it says Phone not aloud MM#5  (message pops up on the screen).

I have wiped the phone. I have reinstalled the os, i have also done hard reset (battery pull).

I have contacted O2 its not barred in anyway  and its not reported stolen (i bought this from gumtree).

So any help please ?????

thanks Dave....

P.S sorry forgot to mention the sim that was in the torch works fine in another phone, i also tried a sim from a working phone in the broken phone and it does not work.

Even if you don't know how to fix it do you know what it is ???????

UPDATE: i have now spoken to BB again and have been told the phone originally came from America and was/is on sprint would this have anything to do with why the phone has stopped working ????????? 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: BlackBerry Torch dialling problems

Does the sim that is in that device work ok in another device?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dave421421

Hi

Yes sorry forgot to mention the sim that was in the torch works fine in another phone, i also tried a sim from a working in the broken phone and it does not work.

Thanks

Dave

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Where did you get the device?  is it new or used?  Is it possible that it has an IT policy blocking the phone app?  Go to Options >Security >Security Status Information and see if there is any reference to an IT Policy. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dave421421

[ Edited ]

Hi 

I bought the phone from gumtree (second hand) i think its about 2 weeks old, it does not have any IT security..

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Just for grins, lets do a resettofactory on the device.

Download and install JL_Cmder to your PC and use it to do a resettofactory (this will wipe the device so make sure you have anything important backed up.)

Then try again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dave421421

Hi

Thanks for helping me i have tried that but is still saying No service currently available ????

Thanks

Dave..

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Then I would suggest returning the device to where you purchased it.
Please use plain text.
Sensorei
My Device: Not Specified

I have the same problem with my Bold 9700. My BIS is working but I can't make calls or text. "no service currently available. I've spent ages googling for a solution and found nothing. Please help if you know the solution.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Your carrier is probably the only one that can help with this issue.
Please use plain text.