Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
Lekgotla
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: vodacom-SA

BlackBerry Torch in endless loop

My phone is in a endless loop I upgraded my BBM and it showed  me a Java.Lang Exception now it cannot stop restarting please help.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BlackBerry Torch in endless loop

try

How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in safe mode

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lekgotla

I have tried to start it in safe mode but its not working can i get another solution  plz...........

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

what happens when you try safe mode? did you hold the esc key long enough?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lekgotla

Yes i did and it worked once and turned on for a couple of minutes and repeated the whole proccess again.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
skiskis
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Telus

Hi,

I had the exact same issue and unfortunately,  I had to reload the OS  :smileysad:  I attempted to use the BBSAK application to delete just the BBM .cod files, but I was unable to locate the appropriate files, so I had to reload the OS.  Hopefully, you have a backup of the files, etc. that you need to restore your phone. 

It would be nice if RIM would log this issue as a bug with the newest BBM release as the issue has occurred with more than just a handful of customers.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

skiskis wrote:

Hi,

I had the exact same issue and unfortunately,  I had to reload the OS  :smileysad:  I attempted to use the BBSAK application to delete just the BBM .cod files, but I was unable to locate the appropriate files, so I had to reload the OS.  Hopefully, you have a backup of the files, etc. that you need to restore your phone. 

It would be nice if RIM would log this issue as a bug with the newest BBM release as the issue has occurred with more than just a handful of customers.

Do you know what version of BBM you had on it prior?

good to see you are doing better with an OS reload.

Please use plain text.