Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
dave421421
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

BlackBerry Torch problems !!

Hi 

I wonder if you can help, im new to Blackberrys and have a problem with one of my Blackberry torch's.

I have two blackberry torchs and one will not dial out or receive incoming calls and will not allow me to send or receive texts, but the bb messenger services seem to work fine including the browser ??

I Have full signal, 3g, and it says o2 -uk on the phone.

When i try to dial it says No service currently available (message pops up on the screen) .

When i dial 999 it says Phone not aloud MM#5  (message pops up on the screen).

I have wiped the phone. I have reinstalled the os, i have also done hard reset (battery pull).

I have contacted O2 its not barred in anyway  and its not reported stolen (i bought this from gumtree).

So any help please ?????

thanks Dave....

P.S sorry forgot to mention the sim that was in the torch works fine in another phone, i also tried a sim from a working phone in the broken phone and it does not work.

Even if you don't know how to fix it do you know what it is ???????

UPDATE: i have now spoken to BB again and have been told the phone originally came from America and was/is on sprint would this have anything to do with why the phone has stopped working ????????? 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BlackBerry Torch problems !!

Torch can not be on sprint, they have CDMA service.

Did you unlock the phone? With out it being unlocked, it will not connect to the carrier you are on.

See signature to unlock it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dave421421

Hi yes the phone is unlocked (came unlocked) but it did work fine for 4 days ?? Thanks for your reply

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

That is a strange issue, BBM works and no phone but it did work fine for 4 days.

is there an IT policy on it?

on device

Options, security, security status,

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dave421421

HI 

No iT policy on it im lost i have reinstalled the os on the phone still the same ??

Thanks again

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

you said you have 2 torches, can you compare the service books between them

Goto

options, device, Advanced, Service books.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dave421421

Hi 

I have done that but i dont know what im looking at the working phone has a long list and the non working phone has a short list. sorry im new to blackberrys

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dave421421

Hi All

Thanks for your help with this, i have now sold the phone i spoke to BB direct total waist of time all the info they gave me was wrong. I think this problem is know about at BB but they do not want to admit its a problem they just blame o2 and o2 say its a hard ware fault. From my hours off calls and research i believe its a hardware fault as the sim works fine in another bb torch and nokia so it cant be o2. I would suggest you sell the phone if you have this fault as you will still get good money for it even with the fault.

Thanks again for your help......... 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Liamduffield
My Device: Blackberry torch 9800

where did you sell it too?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Tullus
My Device: 8110

if you dont have all your service books try resending them

Options / Device / Advanced System Settings / Host Routing Table / menu key / register now

Please use plain text.