Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: MTN
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry super slow

Hi there,
I'm using a phone that looks like a smartphone, but it operates like a phone of 1992, and its called BlackBerry.

My questions
1) Why does BB or BlackBerry take so long to open apllications, or webpage.
2) Why does BB or BlackBerry update every 2nd day application or BlackBerry Messenger(super ridiculous).
3) Why does BB or BlackBerry take 5-10min to restart unlike other smart phones.
4) Why does my BB every alternative I can't make calls, (message=call failed), then I had to take battery out to restart then only I can make calls.
5) Why cant BB or BlackBerry download or upload from email?

It took me almost 2months to compile these simple questions, because I first made comparison and research with other hand sets. I also did email/called my service provider and its confirm there is a few clients got similar concerns about the BlackBerry.
(iPhone - there is no comparison, for sure).
My conclusion is that BlackBerry is very overrated, unless you can show me/proof me different.

Besides for your product, I'm sure I will get better customer service by you replying to my email.

Many thanx for you time.

Kind regards
-Dale
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BlackBerry super slow

are you using an 8520? if yes it is based on a older tech with OS 5 and yes the browser and many functions are slow because it is not a top of the line BlackBerry. you bought a honda civic and not the s2000.

Many people buy this phone an expect it to work like a bold and it will not. It will do most things but not snappy as teh cpu is slower and is only a 2g device not a 3g device like a bold.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: MTN

To knottyrope (Guru II), Many thans for your reply, I now fully understand, you a real guru, better then how you explain, you can't get. Many thanx.

One more question to knottyrope (Guru II)
How do you use your BB Curve 8520 as a modem for your laptop.

Thanx a lot.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

davidsdale wrote:
To knottyrope (Guru II), Many thans for your reply, I now fully understand, you a real guru, better then how you explain, you can't get. Many thanx.

One more question to knottyrope (Guru II)
How do you use your BB Curve 8520 as a modem for your laptop.

Thanx a lot.

With desktop manager you can do this. Make sure you have the proper dataplan to do so as some will charge extra to tether.

Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V