Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: tmobile

Blackberry 9810 Reboot Screen Freeze!! Help?

I can't get passed my reboot screen, I have tried taking out the battery many times, tried downloading the software update and also tried putting in the original software from AT&T and it still freezes on the reboot screen near the end. I downloaded a software called "blackberry Swiss army kit" to help me as well and I still got nothing done. Everything installs but when it reboots its freezes at the same spot. I called blackberry and they want to charge me $49.99 for help? Its a blackberry problem and I should be charged, that's poor service I must say.

Can anyone help me with this ASAP?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry 9810 Reboot Screen Freeze!! Help?

Are you able to restart your device in safe mode as shown in KB17877?

I assume, since it's caught in a reboot cycle, when you connect to the Desktop Software it doesn't take a stable connection to reinstall your software?

If that is case, remove your battery and keep it out when you connect to the Desktop Software. You will get a pop up that the device can't connect and there should be Retry, Update and Cancel buttons. Select Update and you will then be able to reinstall the current device software version.

When the load is progressing, you will see a step that says "Wait for device initialization". At this point, insert the battery and the reload should complete.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

No i am not able to restart it in safe mood. what is the escape key? the delete button?? 

i did all that but it says it unable to connect to my device because the reboot doesnt complete it just stays frozen where it alway been.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

esc key is the turned arrow one to right of track pad

so you were able to connect and reload OS but reboots after?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

The safe mode doesn't work, I don't here any sound .

I was able to connect to my laptop and eveything shows that it going well but at the end where is says "this will take approximately 30mins" (that's when the phone reboot itself for the update to complete it freezes) 

I need to find any other way

New Contributor

?????

Contributor
My Device: 9790 on os 7.1
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

Did you try deleting Social Feeds?
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: Digicel

Hi. I have the same problem. None of the above solutions work. I tried safe mode, I tried removing my memory card, I tried using the laptop and I removed the battery lots of times (left out the battery for hours tried again nothing) Help please that's my business phone I need it...
zs6
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

Nope doesnt work, loaded software, Reloaded the default settings Nothing works.

stuck on 80% of the reboot screen,.....

HELP!

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: 27822238159

was this problem ever solved, i have a similar problem, tried everything even downgrading, still wont go through beyond 75%