Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Stevenotts
My Device: 9800 Torch
Accepted Solution

Blackberry App World

I seem to be having a nightmare since App World was updated on my 9800 handset.

The icon has disappeared.  I have tried deleting and reinstalling.  I have checked every folder and cannot find it.  I have looked everywhere for hidden files.  When I try a search even though it has been installed correctly it does not show up.

Last action was to reset handset by wiping and reinstalling.  All this has achieved is losing the apps that were there.

When connected to App World on laptop it does not appear as connected and i cannot seem to download apps.

I would be greatful for help on how to get this working again.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry App World

Hello Stevenotts

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you are having isuues with the latest version of App World then I prefer download ver 4.0.0.55 which is best workaround for this issue, for that from your BlackBerry Browser browse or click  here http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3 to download version 4.0.0.55.

Also check this Knowledge Base article : 

KB29422  BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Stevenotts
My Device: 9800 Torch

Prince2012,  Very many thanks for solving this problem.

Elite II
prince2012

Hi Stevennotts

You are most welcome .. we are glad that your problem has been resolved  :smileyhappy:

Take Care.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
Rickels
My Device: BB torch 9800

Hi

I also used that link after a long phonecall with BB and it worked for me too.

But then I got this upgrade for app world to v4.0.0.63 and I lost the icon again.

Why does this happen and why BB send me this upgrade when it's not working.

My phone is BB Torch 9800, software v6..0.0.246 (bundel 695, platform 6.4.0.105)

Elite II
prince2012

Rickels wrote:

Hi

I also used that link after a long phonecall with BB and it worked for me too.

But then I got this upgrade for app world to v4.0.0.63 and I lost the icon again.

Why does this happen and why BB send me this upgrade when it's not working.

My phone is BB Torch 9800, software v6..0.0.246 (bundel 695, platform 6.4.0.105)

Hi Rickels

If you are having issue with Ver. 4.0.0.63  and want to use the recent version then you may have to update your OS to a higher version , Seen that your Carrier have not released any higher OS version then the one you are having, But if you still want to update your device OS then you can use any Carrier OS pack , just have to delete those Vendor .XML files.

So you can avoid this BlackBerry World Update notification if you want to remain with your present OS or have to Update your Device Software to a higher version.